IDH is looking for a Senior Program Manager Cocoa & Forests to lead our environmental agenda in the cocoa sector. This position will give you the chance to collaborate closely with our teams and partners in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Cameroon, but also at global level. It is a senior position in which you get the chance to make a difference. Does this sound like the job for you? Read more about the position below.
Within this role you will be part of the Cocoa team. You will lead IDH’s strategic input into the Cocoa & Forest Initiative, and set up and facilitate a Cocoa & Forests Global Secretariat. This body will play the role of “cement” between existing partnerships in producing countries and like-minded initiatives in consuming countries. You will facilitate learning and help the national partnerships become more self-sustaining (financially) and increase their impact at global level. Next to this body, you will also facilitate the Working Group on Forests & Agroforestry.
Besides the above, we expect you to provide feedback and guidance on the quality of IDH’s interventions around cocoa agroforestry, forest protection / restoration and sustainable landscapes based on facts and figures. To support this, you build bridges between governments and private sector players. You are able to do so because of your thorough understanding of public and private sector agenda’s and how these can converge. You will also identify opportunities for IDH programs and program partners to deliver on science-based emission targets to meet global climate & environmental goals.
In sum, your key responsibilities will include:
– Lead IDH’s strategic input into the Cocoa & Forests Initiative
– Set up and facilitate a Cocoa & Forests Global Secretariat
– Facilitate the Working Group on Forests & Agroforestry
– Being the go-to person of the IDH Cocoa team for all carbon and climate related issues
Who you are
You are a structured thinker and team player with expertise in cocoa sustainability and forest conservation. Multi-stakeholder management is one of your key strengths and you are a strong convener – therefore you get energy out of aligning public and private sector agenda’s. You find partnership building a necessary and fascinating art. You are both practical and analytical, work well in a team, flexible but also driven and able to work independently and in response to needs of the organization. You work in a results-oriented, flexible and hands-on manner.
What you bring
- A Master’s degree in Sustainable Agriculture, (Agro)ecology, Environmental Sciences, Forest and Nature Conservation, Agriculture or Development Economics or similar.
- Proven working experience in the area of sustainable (and regenerative) agriculture or forestry, environmental resource management, climate change mitigation. Experience in the cocoa sector is preferred.
- Strong multi-stakeholder management skills and experience in facilitating knowledge sharing and learning in an international team.
- Thorough understanding of both public and private sector cocoa agenda’s and how these can converge.
- High level of entrepreneurial, social, and professional skills, capability and tenacity to drive continued multi-stakeholder engagement to align and achieve different interests from business, community and government in a culturally diverse environment.
- Strong network in the world of climate change, forest protection/restoration and (cocoa) supply chain sustainability.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Willingness to travel internationally (when travel is possible).
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on Better Jobs, Better Environment and Better Income. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is an organization that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 30 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours per week, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a gross monthly salary between €4000 and €5000 (based on a 40 hour week) depending on seniority and experience, and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
Candidates should have access and a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/208163/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by November 14th.