IDH – The sustainable trade initiative
We are excited to be searching for a proactive and pragmatic Account Officer for Vietnam with an interest in supply chain sustainability to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
The position will be part of the finance team of IDH Vietnam which has overall responsibility for the accounting and financial management of IDH Vietnam in compliance with the accounting and financial procedure of IDH, donors and with the Vietnamese Law. The position is expected to work closely with program teams and IDH Vietnam Senior Accountant to perform the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, within budget, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filed, maintained and support to financial audits.
- Prepare and process payments.
- Provide financial support to the project team in procurement process to ensure procedures follow IDH and donor’s rules: financial components of tender documents, calls for proposals and contracts.
- Monitor the disbursement progress of consultants in accordance with the agreement.
- Draft projects’ financial reports for review and approval as required by IDH and donor.
- Monitor projects liquidity status and prepare fund requests for fund transfer.
- Liaise with donors’ Finance Officers to ensure compatibility of the project financial transaction with their financial guidelines.
- Prepare and claim VAT refund if applicable.
- Provide support to Project Managers in the development, review and update of budget and activity workplan.
- Be responsible for a well-structured documentation of the program administration as input for the audit files.
- Provide guidance and advise to IDH Vietnam staffs on issues related to financial and contracting procedures.
- Undertake other relevant tasks when required.
Who you are
You are an experienced accountant/finance officer. You have a solid understanding of financial requirements and contracting procedures of donor funded projects.
What you bring
- The accountant based in Hanoi city, will work in full -time manner under the personnel management of the Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree in Accounting/Auditing/Finance with at least five years of experience in relevant field.
- Proven experience in administering project accounts, preferably international donor funded.
- Good computer skills including Excel spread sheets and database
- Good organizational skills
- Fluency in English required along with writing and communication skills and be a team player
- High integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative.
We offer you
A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization – and:
- 40 hours work week;
- all the work supplies you need to excellence in your role;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself; 26 annual leave
- The position is full time for 1 year contract with possible extension. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits. The position based in IDH office, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Compensation will depend on an agreed work plan.Who we are.IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English.
We encourage applicants to respond before 17:00 July 31st 2022
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.