1. Background – IDH
IDH Sustainable Trade Initiative (“IDH”) accelerate s and upscales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society , governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes. IDH convenes the interests, strength and knowledge of public and private partners in sustainability commodity programs that aim to mainstream international and domestic commodity markets. We jointly formulate strategic intervention with public and private partners and we co-invest with partners in activities that generate public goods.
The position will be part of the finance team of IDH Vietnam which has overall responsibility for the accounting and financial management of IDH Vietnam in compliance with the accounting and financial procedure of IDH, donors and with the Vietnamese Law. The position is expected to work closely with program teams and IDH Vietnam Senior Accountant to perform the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, within budget, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filed, maintained and support to financial audits.
- Prepare and process payments.
- Provide financial support to the project team in procurement process to ensure procedures follow IDH and donor’s rules: financial components of tender documents, calls for proposals and contracts.
- Monitor the disbursement progress of consultants in accordance with the agreement.
- Draft projects’ financial reports for review and approval as required by IDH and donor.
- Monitor projects liquidity status and prepare fund requests for fund transfer.
- Liaise with donors’ Finance Officers to ensure compatibility of the project financial transaction with their financial guidelines.
- Prepare and claim VAT refund if applicable.
- Provide support to Project Managers in the development, review and update of budget and activity workplan.
- Be responsible for a well-structured documentation of the program administration as input for the audit files.
- Provide guidance and advise to IDH Vietnam staffs on issues related to financial and contracting procedures.
- Undertake other relevant tasks when required.
Reporting: to Senior Accountant of IDH Vietnam
Who you are
You are an experienced accountant/finance officer. You have a solid understanding of financial requirements and contracting procedures of donor funded projects.
What you bring
- The accountant based in Hanoi city, will work in full -time manner under the personnel management of the Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master degree in Accounting/Auditing/Finance with at least five years of experience in relevant field.
- Proven experience in administering project accounts, preferably international donor funded.
- Good computer skills including Excel spread sheets and database
- Good organizational skills
- Fluency in English required along with writing and communication skills and be a team player
- High integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on living incomes, living wages, working conditions, climate change and gender. IDH is a foundation that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time for 1 year contract with possible extension. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits. The position based in IDH office, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Compensation will depend on an agreed work plan.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by November 10th 2021
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Arthur van Schendelstraat 500,
3511 MH Utrecht
P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands
IDH Vietnam Office
Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound
No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
+84 (0) 243 200 0741