Are you a hands-on communication student who wants to gain experience working in an international organization that works with businesses and governments to develop sustainable trade globally? Are you available for six months, preferably starting August 1st 2021? Then we invite you to apply for the position of communication intern at IDH and work in multi-stakeholder communication in an international environment!
Join us at IDH for an exciting, challenging and paid internship. You will have the opportunity to learn a lot in a dynamic environment. The world of sustainable trade and development is evolving quickly, and this is an outstanding opportunity for you to work on a wide range of communications projects, explore your interest and develop your communication skills
As an intern in the communication department, you will be part of a small but experienced team of communicators. You will provide support for some of the most important IDH projects and programs and assist in targeted communication tactics to companies, governments and non-profit organizations. Core tasks of the intern consist of creating content for our social media channels, monitoring, website and newsletter. We are looking for someone who is excited to help develop multi-channel communication campaigns and easily picks up on new digital tools to work with. You will learn to use tools as WordPress, PR Agility, Mailchimp, and other tools for monitoring and planning. Next to this, tasks could include a wide variety of communication work: from assisting in event planning, to helping program teams prepare materials for presentations. You’ll be able to learn a lot as you will take part in the communication meetings where everything form high-level strategic planning to items for the upcoming newsletter are discussed.
During your internship you are encouraged to develop your own ideas, together with your supervisor, to find new and creative ways to raise awareness of IDH’s work. We are looking for a motivated and hands-on person that is interested in communication and sustainability. During your internship there is the possibility to also work on a school assignment or thesis project, connected to your internship.
What you bring
- Excellent knowledge of English both spoken and written is essential. Other languages a plus.
- Strong affinity with social media. You like to think creatively about campaigns including text, visuals, engaging and targeting specific audiences.
- Quickly pick up digital tools to work with such as WordPress, PR Agility, Mailchimp, etc.
- Excited to help create creatively communication campaign including writing, video, infographics, podcasts, images, etc. and passionate about online content creation.
- Able to work independently, and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and the ability to support in different projects and people. Hence, good time management skills.
- Interest in monitoring and analysing data to improve communications efforts, such as Google Analytics
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assist with day-to-day communications on monitoring, website, corporate social media channels and newsletters
- Build a good monitoring search engine system in our PR Agility tool
- Develop sharp and engaging content to disseminate through various channels
- Assist with building relevant and worldwide media networks
- Assist in communication campaigns for our programs
Who we are
IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH) restores flourishing markets with better jobs, better incomes and a better environment. When IDH is successful, companies rebalance the relationships between the workers they employ, the customers they serve and the planet that serves all of us.
IDH achieves this by creating public-private partnerships, and by using data to design, test and invest in more sustainable ways of doing business. IDH is headquartered in the Netherlands, with over 250 employees globally, operating in 20 value chains and sourcing regions with over 600 public and private partners. In 12 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create positive impact. This has reached 4 M farmers with access to finance or good agricultural practices; supported protection, restoration and sustainable rehabilitation of over 550,000 hectares of agrarian landscapes; improved the working conditions and wages of over 580,500 laborers.
IDH’s work is made possible because of the funding and trust of multiple European governments and private foundations. For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Who you are
Are you the intern who will join us preferably from the end of July 2021 for at least four days a week, from home as well as working from our office in Utrecht? Please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/195364/apply. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by July 12th, 2021.
For questions about job content and desired profile, you can call Clara Grimes, Sr. Communication Manager, at +31 (0)6 50067016.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands. Please note that you must be a registered student when applying and meet the qualifications set by your University for accepting an internship.