Starting engagements in India in 2013, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and NGOs working on cotton, tea, spices, fruits & vegetables, apparel/footwear. In 2020, IDH India also launched a landscape program aimed at using the PPI approach (production, protection, inclusion) to address Regenerative Agriculture possibilities in Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka. IDH would like to strengthen its team with a Country Director IDH India, based in Gurgaon India.
The Country Director India will be responsible for IDH’s operations in India and will take the lead for the IDH Global Business Unit programs in India. The Country Director will further strengthen IDH position in India as the sustainability partner of choice by forging new partnerships and program development in alignment with IDH MYP 2025 and IDH 2030 strategy and represent IDH engagements in-country.
In IDH we work in a matrix type organization. The Business Unit (BU) Global Directors (GDs) are responsible for the global implementation of their programs. The Country Director IDH India is responsible for local delivery in country and to provide strategic advice and guidance for the BU country strategies. The Country Director IDH India leads and is responsible for the day-to-day management, local administration, compliance, and development of the IDH India team and will own the delivery of the IDH India Business plan 2025.
The IDH operations in India are supported by a team of 30 people that oversee sector engagement and operational support, with teams in Gurgaon, Bhopal, Hyderabad, and Guwahati.
The Country Directors areas of work cover:
1) Strategy: Lead IDH’s strategy in India, ensuring the coherence of the different programs designed and implemented in India and delivery of annual operating plans.
2) Implementation: Accountable for the achievement of the Business Unit plans, and for operational excellence.
3) People Management: Motivational leader, who nurtures motivation and talent and responsible for talent management and development of the IDH India team.
4) Stakeholder engagement: Ensure buy in from partners from private sector, embassies, donors, civil society, and local government authorities
5) Fundraising & Partnerships: Develop partnerships, identify fundraising opportunities, and lead development of fundraising proposals.
6) Communication: Ensure IDH is visible in India and internationally and represent IDH.
7) Operations: Oversee country operations, including HR, legal compliance, financial management and administration and staff health and safety. Responsible for country P&L and annual budgets.
8) Global responsibilities: Represent India on the IDH Global Leadership Team and Country Leaders meeting. Coordinate with IDH Corporate HQ on reporting, quarterly, half yearly & annual planning for program progress, HR, finance and legal.
9) India Insights: Advise IDH management on the situation on the ground, developments, and other sectors of interest to IDH.
Who you are
IDH is looking for an organized, active, service, self-motivated, team player with leadership skills and a strong interest in supply chain sustainability and domestic responsible sourcing. You are both analytical, structured, business minded and practical; able to work, organize and prioritize work, multitask, and meet strict timelines independently and learn fast. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, and hands-on manner, you execute given projects quickly and thoroughly, maintaining a good overview whilst providing coaching on delegated tasks.
What you bring
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level, private sector experience is preferred.
- Based in Gurgaon, India.
- At least 15-20 years of working experience in a relevant position such as Country Director, Director, Regional Director level.
- Knowledge of sustainability, supply chains and value chain development as well as independently developing new programs.
- Experience in engaging with high level government and industry representatives and complex institutional landscapes.
- Experience with multi-stakeholder facilitation, stakeholder- and project management.
- Proven experience with financial administration and budgets.
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills.
- Experience in working in a matrix organization and leading large teams
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, with a strong eye for detail.
- Willingness to travel (inter)nationally.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes, and living wages, working conditions, reducing toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.
What we offer
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will be offered an employment contract with IDH India LLP. This role is based in Gurgaon, India and all candidates must be willing to live and work in Gurgaon.
Please feel free to contact Iris van Oort (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any question about this position.
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume, application letter (in English) and a cover letter explaining your interest and understanding of the opportunity, by using the following: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/209198/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by December 1, 2021.
Candidates should be Indian nationals or have permission to work in India