Finance and Administrative Officer – IDH Vietnam
- Background – IDH
IDH Sustainable Trade Initiatives (“IDH”) accelerate s and upscales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society , governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes. IDH convenes the interests, strength and knowledge of public and private partners in sustainability commodity programs that aim to mainstream international and domestic commodity markets. We jointly formulate strategic intervention with public and private partners and we co-invest with partners in activities that generate public goods.
The Spices Program under the Food Crops and Ingredient Program – IDH is strengthening its scope and operation in the spices area. It will focus on pepper sector extensively under the EU/IDH funded project in tandem with developing the cassia sector to higher management level. In order to support the the implementation of the program activities, IDH is looking for an experienced finance and admin officer to be responsible of providing support to the spices program. The F&A officer is expected to work closely with spices team and IDH finance senior officer to perform the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Prepare and process payments related to office and project expenses and do bank transactions
- Check and ensure all the procurement process and expenditure of the project in accordance with EU financial guidelines
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and support to financial audits
- Prepare project financial reports, statement and submit to the Program Manager (PM) for clearance and Headquarter office (HQ), including obtaining and checking the accuracy and correctness of invoices, collecting supporting documents and entering transactions into system
- Prepare advance requests submitted to HQ finance
- Monitor the disbursement progress of consultants in accordance with the agreement
- Liaise with EU Finance Officer to ensure compatibility of the project financial transaction with EU finance guidelines
- Provide support to the PM in the development, review and update of budget and activity workplan
- Provide administrative support to project team including but not limited to arrange for travel, booking hotel, air tickets and necessary logistic arrangements for visits, meetings and workshops;
- Be responsible of processing consultancy contracts including preparing and acquiring internal approval and signing on contracts
- Carry out any other administrative/financial assignments as requested by the PM
– Regular report and update to PM;
– Draft progress reports and thematic reports if required;
Who you are
You are an experienced finance and administrative officer. You have a solid understanding of financial and administrative requirements of donor funded projects.
What you bring
- The financial and administrative officer based in Hanoi city, will work in full -time manner under the personnel management of the Spices Program Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with three years of experience in relevant field.
- Proven experience in administering project accounts, preferably international donor funded.
- Good computer skills including spread sheets and database
- Good organizational skills
- Fluency in English required along with writing and communication skills and be a team player
- High integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on living incomes, living wages, working conditions, climate change and gender. IDH is a foundation that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
This position relates to the Spices Program in Vietnam:
- The IDH Spices program aims at improving efficiency of the pepper and cassia value chain and the quality of service delivery to farmers for sustainable production. The pepper and cassia commodities under the Spices Program is fully aligned to create larger impact at scale.
- Under the IDH Spices Program, the EU/IDH funded project of “Scaling sustainable production and trade of Vietnamese pepper” aims at supporting SMEs in pepper and strengthen all actors in the supply chain in the context of EVFTA.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time for 1 year contract with possible extension. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits. The position based in IDH office, Hanoi , Vietnam.
Compensation will depend on an agreed work plan.
How to apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by the 1st March 2021.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
Arthur van Schendelstraat 500,
3511 MH Utrecht
P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands
IDH Vietnam Office
Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound
No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
+84 (0) 243 200 0741