About the role
Are you looking for a challenge bringing your finance skills to transforming international markets and achieve sustainability? IDH UK is looking for Finance and Operations Officer to provide financial and operational management for the UK operations. The role will support budgeting, planning, contracting, payments, financial monitoring, financial reporting and coordinate with other IDH offices and entities. Within this role, your overall financial and operational responsibility are:
- Drive improvements to further professionalize the financial management of IDH UK.
- Provide the country director with regular financial updates, including pipeline and forecasting information.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to IDH head office and country operations.
- Ensure alignment with the IDH operational procedures, including partner assessments, tender rules e.g.
- Ensure correct and complete financial administration and audit files of the programs.
- Prepare the annual financial statement for IDH UK.
- Active participation and support internal and external audits.
- Prepare overviews showing internal financial KPIs, e.g. financial forecasts on expected projects, financial performance of IDH and the projects.
- Support in preparation of budgets for fundraising proposals and review fundraising contracts + reporting requirements of donors.
- Management of tax returns and other statutory local compliance for the UK.
- Make sure incoming invoices, funding contracts and letters of assignment, related to the programs for which you are responsible, are booked correct and timely in relevant templates and systems.
- Ensure correct financial accounting, monthly closing and reconciliation and reporting;
- Provide good Accounts Receivable management, to make sure invoices towards (private) partners, related to their contribution to the programs, get paid in time.
- Responsible for operational management, including administration and sound financial management.
- Responsible for contract management – setting up new contracts, supporting current partners on project development, deliverables, and content, liaising with finance and legal teams and managing partner engagement.
- Support the internal relations between IDH UK and other IDH teams.
- Coordinate team planning and logistics.
Who you are
IDH is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and well-structured collaborator who excels in navigating uncertainty and the challenges that come with a growing business environment. You should possess a solid foundation in financial management and be proficient in various aspects of financial planning, tracking, and communicating with both country management and headquarters.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree with a desirable qualification in financial background/ international business administration or public administration.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience in project/program coordination and financial management in an international environment.
- Experience with use of project management and management information software or apps, e.g. Salesforce, Tableau, Monday.com, Smartsheet, or similar tools. Experience with applying program or project management methods (e.g. Agile, IPMA, PMP, MSP) is an advantage.
- Strong interest in sustainability and relevant policies in international trade, supply chains and/or agri-commodities.
We offer you
- Part-time job with 24-32 hours/ week
- A gross monthly salary ranging between GBP 2,790 to 3,488 (based on a 40 hour work week), depending on your experience;
- All the work supplies you need to excel in your role;
- An open and flexible working environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- 25 leave days (based on a 40 hour work week);
- A pension scheme with matching employee and employer contributions;
- Working at home allowance of GBP 14 net per month;
- A sports club/ health club allowance of GBP 32 net per month.
- Would you like to apply? Just send us your CV and cover letter in English following this hyperlink : https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/289375/apply
- We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest before 26 Sep, 2023.
- For more questions about the role and organisation, please contact Conrad Willars at email@example.com
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 15 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Switzerland, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Please note that candidates should be have the right to work in the UK.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.