Are you an experienced data professional who is looking for a new opportunity in the non-profit sector to contribute to sustainable trade? Do you have experience in leading digital transformations, using data as a strategic asset that drives greater efficiencies, effectiveness, and the overall impact of an organization?
Then you might be IDHs Global Data Strategy Manager who will lead IDHs data strategy implementation to achieve greater organizational efficiencies, deliver higher impact and value for our partners and stakeholders and transform markets with high quality data solutions.
By joining IDH, you’ll experience a purposeful driven work environment, and a commitment to your well-being, fostering both personal and professional growth.
Data at IDH
Over the past 15 years, IDH has worked together with many partners to test, finance and scale many innovative sustainability solutions – of which many run on data – to drive market transformation. Yet, the multitude of crises such as climate crises, biodiversity crises and large increase in inequality shows that lasting and systemic changes in global trade are more important than ever. As IDH we consider data as a key enabler to drive system(s) change that transform markets for the benefits of people, the planet and deliver impact at scale.
The complexity involved in systems-level changes is far more than a single person can manage, understand, and comprehend. With data, we can break down the complexity involved in systems change to identify leverage points where most impact can be achieved. With data, we can learn from mistakes, build upon the evidence available and experience we made -to develop holistic solutions that can move beyond pilots and early testing to ultimately identify solutions that work at scale.
As IDHs Global Data Strategy Manager you will lead the implementation and further development of IDHs data strategy.
We are ready under the direction of the new Global Data Strategy Manager to take the next step on our own digital transformation journey and use data more strategically (1) to optimize our internal operations, (2) enhance our performance through data-enabled knowledge management and (3) accelerate our impact by taking existing data solutions to the next level to transform markets with our private sector partner for the long-term public good.
This position cuts across the organization and has a direct reporting line to IDHs Chief Finance Officer, who is a member of the Executive Board. You will closely collaborate with the global operations and IT team and are expected to create and lead a data community of practice of more than 25+ colleagues who are working with data on a daily basis.
- Lead the implementation of IDH’s data strategy, and where needed propose changes to meet organizational goals.
- Provide oversight to ensure data governance frameworks, policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Work with IT and Program Directors to help assess the current technology, infrastructure, and tools, and provide input on suggested improvements or new tools/technology to support the delivery of the data strategy.
- Develop a clear visibility of data available within IDH and visualize forward looking use-cases of the organizational data.
- Provide input on the scope and design of key strategic data initiatives, working closely with the Business Unit responsible, and help oversee implementation.
- Influence program managers and IDH staff to integrate best practices related to data by demonstrating a clear value proposition.
- Assist Business Units to monitor and evaluate the performance of their data initiatives.
- Review and help program teams prioritize data initiatives which warrant further investments.
- Work with HR on the further development and implementation of IDH’s data literacy curriculum.
- Champion the data strategy across the organization and communicate the value of data-informed strategies.
- Establish a data community within IDH to bridge functional silos, improve sharing of expertise and learnings, and foster collaborations and a culture of data-informed decision-making.
- Be the go-to-person for questions on data. Provide knowledge, ideas, and advice on best practice for data collection, management, and analysis.
What you bring
- Significant experience of data vision and strategy development, delivery, and innovation
- Experience creating, growing, and leading data teams across different disciplines (architecture, data governance, analytics)
- Experience in working in low-tech and non-profit/civil sector environment
- Excellent people leadership style, and collaboration with and influencing of peers and seniors across the organisation, and with external partners.
- Extensive experience of leading and building data capabilities, data literacy and community in a fast-paced, dynamic, and matrixed environment.
What we offer
- A gross monthly salary ranging between EUR 4,579 to EUR 5,723 (based on a 40-hour work week), depending on your experience (if you are based in the Netherlands). The range is expected to be adjusted based on the country in which you are located.
- a fulltime (40 hours) 1 year contract initially, with the intention to extend (as this is a permanent position).
Comprehensive Benefits Package (apply for working in the Netherlands/ other countries will be adjusted accordingly):
- Vacation: 26 days of paid vacation leave per year (100% FTE). Additionally, IDH offers the flexibility to buy or sell up to 6 days of vacation annually, allowing you to tailor your time off to your personal needs.
- Health Insurance Support: IDH contributes €66.14 net per month towards your health insurance premium, helping you maintain optimal health coverage.
- Robust Pension Scheme: A comprehensive pension scheme with considerable contribution by the employer and 3.5% contribution by the employee, ensuring financial stability during your retirement.
- Commuting support: Provide NS Business Card or full reimbursement of commuting costs. Choose between receiving €0.21 per kilometre or opting for second-class public transport, making your journey to work hassle-free.
- Flexible Working Hours and Hybrid Work Model: Allows you to balance your professional and personal life effectively.
- Supportive Work Environment: IDH provides all the necessary work supplies depends on the role (laptop, phone, etc.) to ensure you have everything you need to excel in your role.
- Work-from-Home Allowance: Receive a monthly work-from-home allowance of €16.53 net, acknowledging the changing work landscape and supporting your remote work setup.
- Health and Wellness: Prioritize your physical well-being with a sports club/health club allowance of €38.58 gross per month, enabling you to invest in your fitness and overall health.
- Nutritious Work Environment: Enjoy a range of perks at the Utrecht office, including fresh fruits, organic coffee and tea, fresh mint, and ginger tea, promoting a nourishing and supporting work atmosphere.
Please note that these benefits are relevant for our HQ in Utrecht, NL. If you are based at one our other locations, we offer a local package of compensation and benefits. Your work is preferred to be based in Utrecht, other countries with IDH office can be possible.
Would you like to apply? Please follow this link and submit your application: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/285262/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before August 27, 2023. In the event that the right applicant is found, the application link may be closed earlier.
For more questions about the role and organization, please contact Phat Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. For this IDH focusses on markets sourcing from developing countries. To catalyze change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 400 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.