Are you ready to join an organisation where you can make an extraordinary impact? Are you looking for a position where you get the chance to be innovative, creative, and shape our global strategy? Do you want to take part in the solutions and work towards sustainable trade every day? Then you are the Global Director Food Systems & Climate Adaptation we are looking for!
The IDH Food Systems Transformation & Climate Adaption Strategies
The IDH Food Systems Transformation & Climate Adaptation Strategies will form a cornerstone of IDH’s interventions to drive systemic market transformation. IDH brings together key representatives of different interests and priorities and helps them cooperate towards a common goal. The work is intended to disrupt and change the existing system, so that farmers and workers prosper and adapt to climate change, products are grown and produced sustainably, and forests and natural resources are safeguarded and restored.
As Global Director Food Systems Transformation & Climate Adaptation, you are shaping and leading IDH’s Food System Transformation & Climate Adaptation strategies across the globe. By doing so you contribute to the global IDH strategy. Capitalizing on the current portfolio of IDH across the world, you drive a strategic agenda which engages partners and stakeholders towards next-stage transformation on the following topics:
- Production of nutritious and healthy food by smallholder farmers and SMEs.
- A resilient food system that can adapt to a changing climate.
The Global Director is preferably based at our HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands. However, we would also consider candidates bases in Nairobi, London, or Brussels.
The position requires international travel.
In this role, you report directly into the CEO of IDH and are part of IDH’s Global Management Team.
- You coordinate the IDH-wide strategy on Food Systems Transformation and climate adaptation.
- You convene at the highest global and national level, to build partnerships to create systemic change at scale.
- Thought Leadership: support external and internal partners with latest insights on the ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘how’ of food system transformation and climate adaptation.
- You ensure synergies and integration of the Food Systems Transformation Strategy and Roadmap on Climate Adaptation.
- IDH Investment Committee-role: role in portfolio analysis of the strategies.
What you bring
- 15+ years of relevant working experience in a leadership role in the private sector, government agency or knowledge organization of which at least 5 years in a senior leadership position.
- Deep knowledge and expertise of food system transformation, and the reality of developing & emerging economies.
- Knowledge of climate change adaptation options for food systems.
- Experience in working with a global team in an international matrix setting and managing projects.
- You have a strong senior network in agricultural supply chain companies as well as in governments and multilateral partners, preferably also in knowledge institutes and civil society.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel internationally (at least six times intercontinental per year).
What we offer
- A gross monthly salary ranging between EUR 5,950 to EUR 7,437 (based on a 40-hour work week), depending on your experience (if you are based in the Netherlands). The range is expected to be adjusted based on the country in which you will be relocated (UK/Belgium, possibly other European countries).
- a fulltime (40 hours) 1 year contract initially, with the intention to extend (as this is a permanent position).
Comprehensive Benefits Package (apply for working in the Netherlands/ other countries will be adjusted accordingly):
- Vacation: 26 days of paid vacation leave per year (100% FTE). Additionally, IDH offers the flexibility to buy or sell up to 6 days of vacation annually, allowing you to tailor your time off to your personal needs.
- Health Insurance Support: IDH contributes €66.14 net per month towards your health insurance premium, helping you maintain optimal health coverage.
- Robust Pension Scheme: A comprehensive pension scheme with considerable contribution by the employer and 3.5% contribution by the employee, ensuring financial stability during your retirement.
- Commuting support: Provide NS Business Card or full reimbursement of commuting costs. Choose between receiving €0.21 per kilometre or opting for second class public transport, making your journey to work hassle-free.
- Flexible Working Hours and Hybrid Work Model: Allows you to balance your professional and personal life effectively.
- Supportive Work Environment: IDH provides all the necessary work supplies depends on the role (laptop, phone, etc.) to ensure you have everything you need to excel in your role.
- Work-from-Home Allowance: Receive a monthly work-from-home allowance of €16.53 net, acknowledging the changing work landscape and supporting your remote work setup.
- Health and Wellness: Prioritize your physical well-being with a sports club/health club allowance of €38.58 gross per month, enabling you to invest in your fitness and overall health.
- Nutritious Work Environment: Enjoy a range of perks at the Utrecht office, including fresh fruits, organic coffee and tea, fresh mint and ginger tea, promoting a nourishing and supporting work atmosphere.
By joining IDH, you’ll experience a purposeful driven work environment, and a commitment to your well-being, fostering both personal and professional growth.
Please note that these benefits are relevant for our HQ in Utrecht, NL. If you are based at one our other locations, we offer a local package of compensation and benefits.
For questions about this position, please contact Leonore Kemper, our recruiter, at email@example.com
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Please follow this link and submit your application: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/276911/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before August 7th, 2023.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.