Are you ready to join an organisation where you can make an extraordinary impact? Are you looking for a position where you get the chance to be innovative, creative, and shape our global strategy? IDH has an excellent opportunity for a Global Director Strategy & Insights (S&I). We are looking for a colleague with gravitas, who can mobilize across the global organization and a real strategic thinker.
The IDH Strategy
The IDH impact themes of Better Jobs, Better Income, Better Environment – with gender as a cross cutting theme – form the cornerstone of IDH’s interventions to drive systemic market transformation. IDH brings together key representatives of different interests and priorities and helps them cooperate towards a common goal. The work is intended to disrupt and change the existing system, so that farmers and workers prosper, products are grown and produced sustainably, and forests and natural resources are safeguarded and restored.
We just embarked on defining our future strategy and delivery models, and therefore this position comes at a moment of great opportunity. As Global Director Strategy & Insights, you are coordinating the shaping, hold overall responsibility for the quality of the strategies of the IDH Impact Themes across the globe, and ensure that IDH’s actions are aligned with its strategy.
To deliver its strategy, IDH is constantly benchmarking its interventions and learning what works and does not work. The Global Director takes a pro-active role in the further development of interventions, in close collaboration with the Business Units and teams across the world.
IDH strives to base its interventions on data & insights. The Global Director works with the organization to mainstream and unlock the data we have, to generate insights for our interventions and partners.
The Global Director is preferably based at our HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands. However, we would also consider candidates bases in Nairobi, London, or Brussels.
You report directly into the CEO of IDH and are part of IDH’s Global Management Team. The position requires international travel.
- Leading the further development and implementation of IDH’s organizational strategy, amplifying the ongoing strategy process.
- Ensuring alignment of strategies of the multiple internal constituents – BUs, countries, programs, and other internal functions – are robust, aligned with theories of change, that are informed by evidence-based research and learning.
- Co-driving the development of knowledge and interventions, including the development of the IDH Intelligence Centre.
- Supporting an “incubator” for new ideas that are generated by the CEO, S&I team members and other key business developers in IDH.
- Co-driving and supporting cross organisational impact teams – with expertise/ staff for sprints.
- IDH Investment/Impact Committee-role: role in portfolio analysis and systems change design of the interventions.
Who you are
You are a trustworthy experienced sparring partner and leader for colleagues and external stakeholders. You can manage change and are able to gain commitment. You can make the connection between IDH and the needs of our partners globally, by applying analytics to design practical strategies. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner, you are committed to your and IDH’s values and mission.
What you bring
- 15+ years of relevant working experience in a strategy role, for example in a strategy consulting firm, or as head of strategy in a company/organization.
- Strategic thinker, with record on managing organizational change.
- Excellent co-creation and people skills, working across teams and geographies. You bring people and organizations together and connect the dots.
- Strong capability to develop and write narratives, with methodological rigor to pull insight from experience of our own work and partners.
- Dynamic, experienced, persuasive communicator who can articulate IDH’s vision and direction effectively through public speaking, writing, networking, and fundraising.
- Experience in working with a global team in an international matrix setting and managing programs.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
What we offer
- A gross monthly salary ranging between EUR 7,021 to EUR 8,776 (based on a 40-hour work week), depending on your experience (if you are based in the Netherlands). The range is expected to be adjusted based on the country in which you will be relocated (UK/Belgium, possibly other European countries).
- a fulltime (40 hours) 1 year contract initially, with the intention to extend (as this is a permanent position).
Comprehensive Benefits Package (apply for working in the Netherlands/ other countries will be adjusted accordingly):
- Vacation: 26 days of paid vacation leave per year (100% FTE). Additionally, IDH offers the flexibility to buy or sell up to 6 days of vacation annually, allowing you to tailor your time off to your personal needs.
- Health Insurance Support: IDH contributes €66.14 net per month towards your health insurance premium, helping you maintain optimal health coverage.
- Robust Pension Scheme: A comprehensive pension scheme with considerable contribution by the employer and 3.5% contribution by the employee, ensuring financial stability during your retirement.
- Commuting support: Provide NS Business Card or full reimbursement of commuting costs. Choose between receiving €0.21 per kilometre or opting for second class public transport, making your journey to work hassle-free.
- Flexible Working Hours and Hybrid Work Model: Allows you to balance your professional and personal life effectively.
- Supportive Work Environment: IDH provides all the necessary work supplies depends on the role (laptop, phone, etc.) to ensure you have everything you need to excel in your role.
- Work-from-Home Allowance: Receive a monthly work-from-home allowance of €16.53 net, acknowledging the changing work landscape and supporting your remote work setup.
- Health and Wellness: Prioritize your physical well-being with a sports club/health club allowance of €38.58 gross per month, enabling you to invest in your fitness and overall health.
- Nutritious Work Environment: Enjoy a range of perks at the Utrecht office, including fresh fruits, organic coffee and tea, fresh mint, and ginger tea, promoting a nourishing and supporting work atmosphere.
By joining IDH, you’ll experience a purposeful driven work environment, and a commitment to your well-being, fostering both personal and professional growth.
Please note that these benefits are relevant for our HQ in Utrecht, NL. If you are based at one our other locations, we offer a local package of compensation and benefits.
For questions about this position, please contact Leonore Kemper, our recruiter, at email@example.com
Would you like to apply? Please follow this link and submit your application: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/283456/apply
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.