We are excited to be searching for a proactive and pragmatic Global Manager Finance with an interest in supply chain sustainability to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
You will be responsible for managing the finance function – from strategy to operations – and building sound internal controls throughout our global organization. In our fast-grown global organization of 350 colleagues worldwide in 14 legal entities, we are working towards operational excellence in all our financial cycles (corporate and programs); leading, guiding and coaching the team will be your focus point. You report to the Chief Financial Officer and support the Executive Board in all finance matters. You are part of the Operations Management Team as well as the Global Leadership Team.
Who are you
You (in)direct lead, develop and support a team of over 26 Finance colleagues worldwide, with 4 direct reports (Manager Controlling, Manager Accounting, Financial Controller and Global Controller). You are an energetic and inspiring people manager with an outstanding financial background, able to balance control and support and when necessary, taking an operational role yourself. You are pragmatic, able to bring serenity and rhythm to the team and prioritize the different finance projects. You do not shy away from going the extra mile. You are committed to sustainability and you like a broad set of responsibilities. Ideally you have fulfilled a similar role in an international ‘hybrid’ organization.
- Accountable to the Executive Board (and through EB to Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board and donors) for all financial reporting (management and donor/program reporting), including delivering annual audited financial accounts;
- Accountable for accounting, AO/IC of IDH worldwide finance administrations;
- Accountable for a strong corporate Planning & Control cycle, including forecasting;
- Accountable for cash management / treasury and fiscal affairs
- Operational hands-on; ability to help, guide and lead the team to deliver in accounting, reporting and advising the business units;
- Advisor to CFO on development of our organization, including fiscal policy and building a solid global organization;
What you bring
- 8+ years in international Financial Planning & Control, of which 3+ in a comparable international management position;
- Post-Master’s degree (RC/RA) in business economics, financial accounting;
- Experience in setting up an international organization and solid experience with financial reporting & planning, whether in a NGO or in the private sector;
- Experience in consolidation, developing management reporting by implementing BI-systems;
- Experience with PowerBI and Exact Global software has strong preference, excellent Excel data analysis skills is a prerequisite;
- Experience with project management;
- Being a people manager; demonstrated success in change and process management, by building and coaching teams;
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, fast and forward thinker and of highest integrity;
- Strong business partner to your colleagues in the leadership team;
- Fluently in English language;
We offer you.
- A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization – and:
- a salary range between 80k-90k (including 8% holiday allowance) per year (based on a 40 hour work week), depending on your experience and competences;
- 40 hours work week;
- all the work supplies you need to excellence in your role;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- pension scheme, flexible working hours, 26 holidays, travel cost allowance, etc.;
- energy at our office, with our fresh sustainable coffee, fresh ginger or mint tea and a selection of fresh fruit available!
For questions about this position, please contact Debby Bastiaansen our corporate recruiter, at email@example.com or give Debby Bastiaansen a call +31 6 111 83 562.
Who we are.
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English.
We encourage applicants to respond before August 1st
Please note that candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.