Are you passionate about people and learning? A pioneer and innovator by heart whose core motivation is to strengthen our HR strategy, especially in the area of Talent Management and Learning? Do you get enthusiastic about defining IDH’s culture and embedding it in our Talent Management and Learning & Development strategy? Are you the true people manager that enables the HR team to go for the best results? Then let us know! Because we are looking for our new Head of HR and Talent Management at IDH.
The job purpose is to provide strategic leadership for all aspects of human resources management, with a strong focus on Talent Management and Learning & Development. Key mission is to ensure that IDH, at its Headquarters in the Netherlands and worldwide, can attract, retain and develop talented staff, and operates within a culture that both inspires staff to work to their full potential and is reflective of IDH values. The Head of HR and Talent Management at IDH reports to the Chief Operating Officer, who is a member of the Executive Board. You manage directly the HR team, based in the Netherlands, currently consisting of 2 HR business partners, 1 HR officer and 1 Office manager.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Providing sound leadership and advice to the Executive Board and Management Team on all aspects of HR strategy, policy & practice, with a particular focus on Talent Management and Learning/Capability building
- Strengthening/expanding and professionalising IDH’ talent management approach, especially professional development and performance management
- Creating a strong Learning and Capacity building strategy to help our staff learn the key skills and methodologies which IDH requires, especially in system change management for our program teams, and for our back office team, in the skills to manage our operations
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the implementation of the HR strategy and policies in line with IDH’s organizational strategy and vision, ensuring the future capacity, knowledge and profile of the IDH team matches the organization’s strategic objectives
- Accountable for the management and guidance of IDH’s HR team
Who you are
We are looking for a charismatic HR professional who is passionate about people, has a solid experience in HR especially in Talent Management and Learning/Capability building, as well as a strong business acumen to ensure HR’s strategy and approaches enable IDH to thrive.
Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative and hands-on manner, you are committed to your and IDH’s targets. You are sensitive to all the different countries we operate in and are able to gain trust with team(member)s across the globe.
You share our view in committing to diversity, equity and inclusion, and bring the necessary skills to setup up and lead our gender equality strategy and our broader diversity & inclusion approach.
As Head of HR, you are a strong communicator and stakeholder manager on all levels of the organisation, with the ability to engage and influence senior leadership level.
You are a self-starter, self-motivated and enthusiastic; flexible, accommodating and with a positive mindset; strategic and operational at the same time; driving and delivering. You are able to act with autonomy and take full accountability for your own performance and development.
You believe in and want to take part in IDH’s purpose to contribute to a positive global change.
What you bring:
- A proven track record (8+ years) in HR in an international organisation, including leading Talent Management and developing a Learning and Development strategy within your previous role(s)
- A relevant HR degree, and a strong track record in Talent Management and Learning. You have expertise in driving learning, and you have put in place effective capacity building programs that are not conventional but tailored towards supporting staff
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch labor law and working with a Dutch Employee/Work Council
- Experience in working with a global and multi-cultural team, located at different country offices around the world
- You are fluent in English, and preferably in Dutch, both in writing and verbally
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors (Dutch, Swiss and Danish governments). IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic organization of about 250 staff members and associates at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.
What we offer
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
The position is for 32-40 hours a week and initially for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. We offer a gross monthly salary between EUR 4.000 and 6.000 (based on 40 hours per week) depending on your seniority and skills, and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
This position in based in the Netherlands. Candidates should have a valid working permit for the Netherland
For questions about this position, please contact Iris van Oort (HR Business Partner) at email@example.com
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/170071/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by November 20th, 2020.