Are you looking to join our ambitious International Partnership & Fundraising team that is ready to take the next step in the fundraising journey? Do you want to contribute towards more strategic alliances and international coalitions? Do you feel excited about mainstreaming our fundraising in our organization’s activities?
We are looking for a Head of International Partnerships and Fundraising (IPF) that wants to build our team and help us grow to a higher level.
As a relatively young organization, IDH is working with a group of seriously committed national and international partners. To lead this journey within our Multi-Year Plan 2021-2025, IDH is looking for a leader who can show the way in a flexible, and at the same time, clear and consistent way. The Head of this team reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and leads a team of public affairs officers and fundraisers.
Your key responsibilities
- Secure and develop strong and more strategic relations to core and major donors
- Develop and update joint accountability to donors to ensure continued good and regular accountability to all major donors in an efficient and conducive manner
- Develop the strategic relationship with the major donors, developing them to become partners in the coalition to make trade a sustainability driver through the private sector
- Ensure close contact and engagement of the major donors` national constituencies
- Organize, coordinate and secure fundraising efforts for IDH according to its Multi-Year Plan for 2021-25
- Ensure funding for IDH through core donor support from more countries, alliances with major program funders, selected organizations and funds
- Promote internal mainstreaming of fundraising activities in IDHs Business Units and Operational teams in the headquarter and in country offices abroad by overall support, training, use of management systems, continued prioritization and concrete activities
- Seek for selected new funding opportunities
- Oversees and monitor IDH’s overall fundraising efforts against IDH’s needs, targets and policies, and provide regular progress reporting to COO and Management Team
- Sound management of the IPF team in close collaboration to all other teams in IDH
- Continued internal team development and outreach to other teams
- Being a good people manager, committed to the personal development of the IPF team members
- Coaching and guiding of team members
Who you are
You have solid experience working with governments, public affairs, development assistance, donor relations, funding organizations and overall fundraising. You are an organized, flexible and structured team player who can lead teams both through guiding and coaching with your perseverance and by providing good overview. You can manage change and gain commitment easily as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. You can make the link between the IDH ideas and the needs of our partners and funders worldwide.
What you bring
- Demonstrable extensive fundraising experience
- Network in governments and/or among development and climate organizations and actors
- Insights in sustainability, international trade, supply chain work and private sector engagement
- Experienced people manager & coach; giving clear guidance and showing the way and caring for people
- Good communication skills both as a writer and as a social competence
- Working and thinking at Master`s degree level
- 10+ years working experience in similar fields with min 2-3 years’ experience as team leader and people manager
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional language is an advantage.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract, with the possibility to extend. This role is based in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/155947/apply. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 22 March.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.