To strengthen the work that we do in the tea sector in India, we are looking for a Senior staff resource to work in the Tea Sector to ensure sustainable tea production and manufacturing in India with both smallgrowers and tea estates, which will help drive the sustainability of the tea sector in India and secure the long-term commercial viability for tea production.
The position will report to the Country Director India with a matrix reporting to the Program Director/Program Manager Tea (based in the Netherlands) and will be responsible for leading the program in India which will involve:
1) Program Management & New Program Development:
- Strategic Plan and roadmap for IDH Tea program in India.
- Stakeholder engagement with the national/ state governments, key private sector partners and civil society on the discussion of sustainable Tea production and consumption.
- Manage the existing partnerships and programs in India, such as trustea and the improving the lives of women and children in Assam’s tea communities’ programs, working with the implementing partners to ensure quality of outcomes for IDH’s funding in programs
- Develop new programs in India, conceptualizing and facilitating implementation of the global tea program goals.
- Prepare and lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries as required to support the growth of the program.
- Secure private sector commitments to safeguard IDH match funding.
- Fundraising for the tea program in India
- Working with the IDH communications team to develop appropriate outreach content and branding for the tea programs in India,
- Identify and analyse market developments, business development-related knowledge, trends within the industry and sustainable tea, and initiate internal knowledge sharing.
2. Stakeholder management & Networking:
- Stakeholder engagement with the national/ state governments, key private sector partners and civil society on the discussion of sustainable tea production and consumption
- Identifying and representing IDH at key fora in India in relation to the tea industry and development
What you will need
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able and willing to work independently. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are a strong facilitator. You are a curious, entrepreneurial and result oriented individual, strong in project management as well as new program development.
You are an energetic, resourceful and hands-on person who operates effectively with minimum direction. You are agile when it comes to changing priorities, taking appropriate initiative and able to assume final responsibility for service delivery.
Previous experience working with agricultural commodities (tea in particular) and prior experience and engagement with multi-stakeholder, private, civil society & government organizations. You must be a team player and have strong lateral management and persuasive skills with more than 7-10 years plus experience.
- A minimum experience of 7+ Years
- Proven track record of initiating and implementing market transformation programs.
- Knowledge of the tea business, industry and supply chain – including sustainability challenges/ trends and work happening in the field of sustainability and good understanding of the north-east supply chain.
- Engagement with private sector tea stakeholders and a strong network with the Government of India and local government departments, specifically in agriculture, trade and commerce would be a bonus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English (essential)
- Experience in project management and leadership of teams.
- Willingness to travel
- High level of expertise with Microsoft word, excel, power point, outlook.
- Master’s Degree level thinking.
- Proven ability in business development and program design- experience in selling concepts/solutions
Conditions for position:
Location of posting: Kolkata preferred.
Method of Application: E-mail (motivation letter & 2-page resume in English)
Salary and benefits: Competitive remuneration based on skillset and experience
Mode of recruitment: This is a full-time position, with a 6-month probation period and then convert to a permanent position with IDH India LLP
Candidates should be Indian nationals or have permission to work in India.
IDH India is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, please visit: www.idhtrade.org
Applications will be received by Shruti Malav, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 20th January 2019.