To strengthen IDH’s work in the Palm oil sector globally and in India specifically, IDH is recruiting a:
Program Officer Palm Oil
this role is based in Gurgaon, India
The Program Officer will work on the market partners to help drive the increase of sustainable palm oil import and consumption both domestically and with international key Palm Oil producing countries
The Program Officer will support the IDH sustainable commodities program in the implementation of initiatives in India. Responsibilities will include general management of work in Palm Oil, contract management, financial project administration and monitoring & evaluation activities, as well as gathering, collating and analysis of required information.
The Program Officer (PO) will be responsible for supporting the engagement with stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of the program and achieving the objectives of the Palm Oil program in India.
The PO will work with the IDH program team at IDH Headquarters and will report to the IDH SeniorProgram Manager based in India. The PO will support the multi-stakeholder process in enhancing program governance and partnerships between IDH and other stakeholders for joint interventions and co-funding. You will assist in the maintenance and future development of relations with other stakeholders
As Program Officer, you help to translate strategic plans and decisions into action and help to ensure that the programs run smoothly. You provide all around key support to the Senior Program Manager.
IDH is looking for an organized, service-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability. You are both analytical and practical, able to work independently and learn fast. Working in a results-oriented, flexible and hands-on manner, you execute given projects quickly and thoroughly.
- Program development& Implementation: Responsibility for supporting the development and implementation of the program, including planning & execution of the program calendar, managing events and meetings, reporting, identification of opportunities and implementing partners.
- Stakeholder management: Maintain contacts with existing program stakeholders and supporting outreach to drive the adoption of more sustainable practices in the industry by convening key stakeholders (international and local).
- Meetings, events and workshops: Responsible for logistics, reporting and review of meetings, events and workshops between IDH and partners. Support the planning, organization and coordination of the mentioned above meetings, events and workshops as required.
- Monitoring & evaluation: Support the monitoring and evaluation of project activities for impact assessment
- Learning: Working with the learning team to facilitate the learning agenda of the program.
- Independent, pro-active and self-driven.
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level, preferably in business or sustainable development.
- 2-3 years working experience in an international environment.
- Affinity with sustainability, international trade, supply chains and/or agri commodities.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage but not required.
- Some experience with stakeholder management and developing joint agendas with different stakeholders in India (e.g. government, private companies, community organizations, NGO’s).
- Active, service and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, multitask and meet strict timelines.
- Willingness to travel internationally and locally.
- Team player.
- Private sector experience preferably in the Palm Oil Sector.
This is a full-time position, with a 6-month probation period and then convert to a permanent position. We offer a competitive salary (depending on seniority and experience).
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume (max 2 pages) and application letter, explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Iris van Oort, HR Officer, at email@example.com before February 18, 2019.