To strengthen the work that we do in sustainable commodities sector globally and in India specifically with a staff resource to work on the market partners to help drive the increase of sustainable commodity consumption both domestically and with international buyers and partners.
To strengthen its team in India, IDH is recruiting a:
this role is based with IDH-India -Gurgaon.
The Program Officer will support the IDH sustainable commodities program in the implementation of initiatives in India. Responsibilities will include general management of work in different commodity programs, contract management, financial project administration and monitoring & evaluation activities, as well as gathering, collating and analysis of required information.
The Program Officer (PO) will be responsible for supporting the engagement with stakeholders to ensure the effective implementation of the program and achieving the objectives of the respective commodity program in India.
The PO will liaise with the IDH program team at IDH Headquarters and will report to the IDH Program Manager based in India.
Support the multi-stakeholder process in enhancing program governance and partnerships between IDH and other stakeholders for joint interventions and co-funding. Assist in the maintenance and future development of relations with other stakeholders
As Program Officer, you help to translate strategic plans and decisions into action and help to ensure that the programs run smoothly. You provide all-around key support to the Program Manager.
IDH is looking for an organized, service-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability. You are both analytical and practical, able to work independently and learn fast. Working in a results-oriented, flexible and hands-on manner, you execute given projects quickly and thoroughly.
- Program Development & Implementation: Responsibility for supporting the development and implementation of the program, including planning & execution of the program calendar, managing events and meetings, reporting, identification of opportunities and implementing partners.
- Stakeholder management: Maintain contacts with existing program stakeholders and supporting outreach to drive the adoption of more sustainable practices in the industry by convening key stakeholders (international and local).
- Meetings, events and workshops: Responsible for logistics, reporting and review of meetings, events and workshops between IDH and partners. Support the planning, organization and coordination of the mentioned above meetings, events and workshops as required.
- Monitoring & evaluation: Support the monitoring and evaluation of project activities for impact assessment
- Learning: Working with the learning team to facilitate the learning agenda of the program.
- Independent, pro-active and self-driven.
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level, preferably in business or sustainable development.
- 2-3 years minimum working experience in an international environment.
- Affinity with sustainability, consulting, international trade, supply chains and/or Agri commodities.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage but not required.
- Some experience with stakeholder management and developing joint agendas with different stakeholders in India (e.g. government, private companies, community organizations, NGO’s).
- Active, service and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, multitask and meet strict timelines.
- Willingness to travel internationally and locally.
- Team player.
- Private sector experience.
This is a full-time position, will be an annual contract that has the opportunity to convert to a permanent position. We offer a competitive salary (depending on seniority and experience).
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Program Officer – IDH” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 15 September 2019.