To strengthen IDH’s work in the Palm oil sector globally and in India specifically, IDH is recruiting a:
Senior Program Manager Palm Oil
this role is based in Gurgaon, India
The Senior Program Manager will work on the market partners to help drive the increase of sustainable palm oil import and consumption both domestically and with international key Palm Oil producing countries.
The Senior Program Manager will report to the Country Director India with a matrix reporting to the Program Landscapes and will be responsible for leading the program in India which will involve defining and implementing:
- Strategic Plan and roadmap for Palm Oil program in India.
- Stakeholder engagement with the national/ state governments, key private sector partners and civil society on the discussion of sustainable palm oil consumption and sourcing.
- Create and increase demands for sustainable palm oil imports for India’s domestic consumption.
- Secure buyer commitments to Verified Sourcing Area’s and landscapes in key producing countries.
You will identify and drive several innovative solutions across IDH commodity programs with the focus on India, this will address inclusive and sustainable value chain development in commodity crops and support outreach at scale. Next to India, this position is part of a team working across Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Europe and China.
Your responsibilities will include
- Deliver market insight to analyze and develop programs and solutions that will address the sustainability agenda for Palm Oil India.
- Engages with key stakeholders within Indian government both at the national and the state level. Local engagement with the embassies and their work on Palm Oil, the Dutch Embassy, Indonesian, Malaysian etc.
- Engage with stakeholders and potential partners who have the ability to increase and drive market demand for sustainably sourced palm oil.
- Forge relationships between Indian stakeholders and international sourcing countries/producers.
- Define the business case in the Indian context for committing to sourcing sustainably sourced palm oil for the Indian buyers.
- Identify and analyze market developments, business development-related knowledge, trends within the industry and sustainable palm oil, and initiate internal knowledge sharing.
- Map and engage with existing programs on Palm Oil and work closely to align their agendas
- Monitor and ensure implementation of the Pilot programs
- Prepare and lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries as required to support the growth of the program.
You are analytically strong, self-directed, team-oriented individuals who thrives on a challenge. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are strong group facilitators as well as capable future leaders.
You are an energetic, resourceful and hands-on character who operates effectively with minimum direction. You are agile when it comes to changing priorities, taking appropriate initiative and able to assume final responsibility for service delivery.
Previous experience working with agricultural commodities and close engagement with the government organizations. You must be a team player and have strong lateral management and persuasive skills with more than 15 years plus experience.
- A minimum experience of 15+ Years
- Proven track record of initiating and implementing market building programs.
- Knowledge of palm oil business, industry and supply chain. Including palm oil sustainability issues and certification schemes.
- Strong network with the Government of India, specifically in agriculture, trade and commerce.
- Engagement with private sector Palm Oil stakeholders would be a bonus.
- Ability to build and establish strong relationships and build rapport with stakeholders and clients;
- Familiarity with field research, data collection and financial analysis of business cases; experience with data management and business modelling;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English (essential)
- Understanding of critical sustainability challenges.
- The ability to think conceptually around complex issues;
- Experience in project management and leadership of teams in an international organization/international setting;
- Willingness to travel across India and internationally
This is a full-time position, with a 6-month probation period and then convert to a permanent position. We offer a competitive salary (depending on seniority and experience).
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume (max 2 pages) and application letter, explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Iris van Oort, HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 18, 2019.