Peatland is one of the major natural resources in Southeast Asia which plays important role to economy and ecology in the region. The establishment of Sustainable Use of Peatland Project aims to promote sustainable management of peatland, catalyze investment and business model transformation. The project will be part of IDH’s Landscape and Commodities program to strengthen our Production-Protection-Inclusion Initiatives, in our landscapes in Aceh, Jambi, South Sumatra and West Kalimantan.
We believe through this program we can broaden our outcomes in improvement of sector’s growth, together with a wide range of private and public partners, over 500 companies in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in total 600 projects in 50 countries.
To support the Sustainable Use of Peatland project, IDH is recruiting a:
this role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia
This position responsible to manage financial aspects of Sustainable Use of Peatland in South East Asia Program function which will include financial records, financial reports, budgets, donor funds, internal and external audit. The position directly reports to Senior Financial Controller and work closely with the Finance and Landscape and Commodities Program Team. Some inputs into other programs may also be required from time to time. This role has two areas:
1. Responsibility for supporting the financial management of the Corporate, Landscape and Commodities Programs.
2. Responsibility for liaison with Finance, Program and Learning teams ensuring effective working and efficient outcomes.
- Assist in identifying program funding requirements and the preparation of program budget, financial projections, statements, adjustments and reports, providing support as needed for data management and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external procedures and guidelines concerning financial administration of program.
- Support the Landscape and Commodities Program Team and partners on any other relevant financial management issues.
- Manage records and receipts.
- Reconcile daily, monthly and yearly transactions.
- Process invoices.
- Assist and facilitates donor audit.
- Support the Finance Team on the monthly closure of the administration process.
- Support the Finance Team as needed in design, implementation, evaluation and improvement of processes and procedures for the financial management of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Auditing/ Business/Economics/ Finance or related field.
At least 3+ years working experience in similar position – experience in an international organization/non-governmental organization/environment is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of financial administration and budgets.
- Experience with internal control over financial reporting.
- Good experience in project and stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of sustainability issues in the commodities and landscape sectors is preferred.
- Computer literate, proficient with MS Word, Excel and financial application.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Outgoing and confident character able to communicate at all levels.
- Strong work ethic, high level of confidentiality and integrity.
Yayasan offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Finance Officer Sustainable Peatland” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 15 February 2019.