IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative, has been heavily investing to accelerate the sustainable production and trade of agricultural commodities produced in Asia, Africa and South America in the last 10 years. With funding from the Dutch, Swiss, Danish and Norwegian Governments, and from business partners, IDH organizes scoping, development and implementation of public private partnerships in 11 sectors such as palm oil, timber, coffee, tea, aquaculture, apparel and 16 landscapes across 12 countries. We are young, thriving, and dynamic organization to solve sustainability issues in commodity sector and sourcing areas.
To support the scale-up of the program of commodities and landscape, IDH is recruiting a:
this role is based in Papua & Papua Barat, Indonesia
The Landscape Manager reports directly to Senior Program Manager Landscape and Commodities Papua and West Papua with focus on operational program management, convening and engagement for sustainable commodities and landscapes. This position has three key areas:
- Responsibility for leading the management of the Commodities and Landscape Programs.
- Responsibility for liaison with Program, Learning and Operational teams ensuring effective working and efficient outcomes.
- Accountability for meeting or exceeding own objectives and personal development plan.
IDH Sustainable Commodities and Landscape in Papua
The Papua and West Papua provinces, with the help of the Indonesian national government and other organizations including the UK Government, have issued commitments and developed relevant policies that can be used as good frameworks to foster Green Economic Growth (GEG).
Other key commodities such as cocoa, coffee, spices and aquaculture hold some promises. These commodities, nevertheless, would need to be strongly developed in time to significantly increase productivity while promoting the protection of forests, link to scalable market and investment, especially if they are to be seriously delivering on livelihoods and economic output.
The outcomes of the program are:
- Orchestrating and convening the development and mainstreaming of green growth visioning or planning in the two provinces and key selected districts and linking this with provincial mid-term development plans (RPJMD) and budget plans (APBD).
- Identifying, developing and prototyping PPI (Production, Protection and Inclusion) compacts and business solutions that focus on existing large-scale concessions that cannot be developed or expanded due to the current government’s moratorium policy or NDPE (no deforestation, no peat and no exploitation) policy of CGF (consumer good forum) companies, as well as solutions for alternative commodities (e.g. coffee, cocoa, sago, spices, coastal fishery) – having alignment with other partners and projects incl. GEG (green economic growth).
- Identifying and prototyping scalable investment and financial mechanisms for PPI compacts and solutions.
- Identifying, developing and prototyping business and investment model and trade linkage (with value chain connection) for indigenous, village and conservation forests in Papua – having alignment with other partners and projects incl. GEG (green economic growth).
1. Strategic program development
- Contribute constructively to strategic planning
- Supports the analysis of problems, using existing processes before acting
- Manages the Program Review and supports the planning process of the program.
- As directed, engages in constructive relationships with program stakeholders to support IDH strategic aims.
2. Operational program management
- Responsibility for ensuring the development and implementation of the program
- Responsibility for monitoring progress and reporting on outcomes
- Responsibility for consideration and analysis of the credibility of data and information produced by the organisation’s partners relating to output, outcome and impact.
- Supports the organisation of input from the program partners to enable Operations to run the required program administration and reporting. This includes the development of performance indicators for the management of program pipeline deliverables.
- Manages contracts with program partners
- Manages financial data in program P&L work sheets
3. Events and workshops
- Plan, organize and coordinate events and workshops as required.
4. Stakeholder management and networking
- Maintaining contacts with existing program stakeholders and identifying potential new stakeholders.
- Responsibility for working on the maintenance and expansion of the IDH network and donor base, supporting colleagues doing similar work and contributing to the further strategic development of IDH.
5. Human Resources
- Works to achieve agreed objectives and is accountable for meeting or exceeding them.
- Plans and manages own time effectively
- Advance degree in in agriculture social science/development studies, strategic/program management or related field.
- A Minimum 7+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings.
- Knowledge of sustainability issues in the commodities and landscape sectors.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Proven ability for networking with major players in government and across the development sector.
- Good knowledge of financial management and budgeting principle.
- Proven record of managing and developing a team of staff.
- Have extensive experience of working in Indonesia.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A practical approach to problem solving and the identification of opportunities, and ability to make clear and concise decisions.
- Ability to effectively work with senior management and decision makers both internally and externally.
- Strong writing, presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas in Indonesia.
Yayasan offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/143114/apply. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 30 October 2019.