IDH, the Sustainable Trade Initiative, drives sustainable production and trade of agricultural commodities in Asia, Africa, South America and globally. We convene companies, CSOs, governments and others to form public-private partnership to transform the sector’s production and trade by constructing innovative business model, a proven approach for the last 10 years. Together we design, co-fund and prototype new economically viable approaches. Focusing on creating positive impacts in 11 commodity sectors such as palm oil, timber, coffee, tea, aquaculture, apparel and 18 sourcing area landscapes across 12 countries, we contribute on Sustainable Development Goals.
In Indonesia, we integrate with more than 200 companies, 35 international CSOs and 50 government bodies. In the country, palm oil is a special interest – as sustainable palm oil production is the way forward. This position is well placed to give a prestigious stand to create lifeline between partners to push sustainable production and supply chain of Indonesian palm oil industry.
To further strengthen initiatives toward sustainable palm oil production in the region, Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau (Yayasan), a grantee of IDH is recruiting a:
Manager Palm Oil Regional Market Development
this role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia
The position responsible to implement strategies and establish comprehensive analytical reports on market opportunities to Senior Program Manager for securing government commitments, strategic positioning, resources mobilization and create new market coverage opportunities in the palm oil sector with the objectives:
- Secure government to government bilateral and/or trilateral agreements on cooperation toward sustainable palm oil and its market development.
- Develop programs, based on and aligned with the would be G-to-G agreements, to increase sustainable palm oil production to meet the demand of markets such as, but also expanding to beyond, the EU market.
- Develop partnerships with the national, provincial and district governments of Indonesia programs that support smallholders in producing sustainable palm oil.
- Deliver, in partnership with private sector partners, field level projects that support smallholders to produce sustainable palm oil.
- Work closely with Senior Program Manager towards the realization of bilateral and/or trilateral agreements between governments on sustainable palm oil production.
- Support Senior Program Manager in relation to the policy influencing work at targeted sub-national and national level in Indonesia.
- Responsible for convening and securing commitments and agreements from governments related to the effort to regional sustainable oil palm program.
- Translate the strategic goals into operational plans and take full responsibility implementation of program/ project plans and activities in close coordination with program partners in post inception phase.
- Monitor and review all program activities, the operational budget against the contract and program agreements.
- Engage with stakeholders, decision makers, and local governments within the program’s environment in order to enhance and maintain good working relationship.
- Maintain knowledge of regional economic and business trends to facilitate conversations with stakeholders.
- Represent YIDH at industry associations, conferences, and other external meetings and events as directed by Senior Program Manager.
- Preparation of high quality project documents and serve as the technical lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries.
- A minimum 7+ years of relevant experiences in international organizations/settings.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Extensive knowledge of palm oil business, industry, supply chain and international trade.
- Proven track record and knowledge of palm oil sustainability issues, certification schemes and working with smallholders.
- Strong network of Palm Oil Players, owners, CEOs, Directors, GMs, local and national governments.
- Extensive experience of working in Indonesia.
- Demonstrated oral and excellent written professional communication and public speaking skills (Bahasa Indonesia and English are required).
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A Team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Results driven.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter skills to proactively anticipate organizational needs.
- A practical approach to problem solving and the identification of opportunities, and ability to make clear and concise decisions.
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management and decision makers both internally and externally.
- Strong writing, presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Yayasan offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/149772/apply latest by 31 January 2020.