To strengthen the scale-up of the program of commodities and landscape, Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau (Yayasan), a grantee of IDH is recruiting a:
Program Manager Landscape and Commodities
this role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia
This position plays a significant role in the development and execution for Landscapes and Commodities Programs. The position reports directly to Senior Program Manager and responsible for overall program management, technical and administration direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. The objectives of this role:
- The development and mainstreaming of Green Growth plan and linking this with Subnational legislations, Regional Mid-Term Development Plan and Local Budget plan.
- Unlocking and securing private sector investment to meet Green Growth Plan indicator targets, under jurisdictional Production-Protection-Inclusion (PPI) Compacts and/or Verified Sourcing Areas.
- The development and transformation of commodity market into sustainable supply chain, specifically Palm Oil.
- Take full responsibility for program implementation, deliverables, monitoring progress and reporting on outcomes.
- Develop and sustain effective mainstreaming strategies for Green Growth Plan.
- Engage with stakeholders, decision makers, Ministries and local governments to promote sustainable development that will involve different key commodities.
- Build partnerships necessary to secure cooperation and implementation program through convening and facilitating stakeholder collaboration including partnerships with local and national governments, private sector and civil society.
- Develop the linkage between commodities and the relevant markets as well as possible investment.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant commodities, sustainability development and supply chain initiatives to allow benchmarking and challenge current practice.
- Manage effective and persuasive presentation with partners and stakeholders to inform program goals and objectives, address key barriers and challenges, and identify opportunities to improve program outcome.
- Manage contract negotiations in formulating budgets, staffing and program plans with program partners.
- Manage resources and develops team personnel in alignment with program requirements.
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Responsibility for consideration and analysis of the credibility of data and information produced by the organization’s partners relating to output, outcome and impact.
- Support the organization of input from the program partners to enable operations to run the required program administration and reporting. This includes the development of performance indicators for the management of program pipeline deliverables.
- Plan, organize and coordinate events and workshops as required.
- Represent YIDH at industry associations, conferences, and other external meetings and events as directed by Senior Program Manager.
- Promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture among the program partners.
- Prepare and develop of high quality project documents and serve as the technical lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries.
- A Minimum 6+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings.
- Extensive knowledge of international trade, landscape and commodities, specifically deep and proven knowledge of palm oil supply chain.
- Extensive knowledge of sustainability development in respect of reduced emissions from forest conservation, sustainable management of forests and peatland and enhancement of forest carbon stocks (REDD+/Carbon Market).
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Proven understanding and hands on experience in managing significant complex project schedule and annual budget of at least US$1,000,000 including strategic and business planning skills and a good appreciation of financial management.
- Extensive knowledge of standard certification related to agriculture products, especially palm oil.
- Proven ability for networking with major players in government and across the development sector.
- Proven record of managing and developing a team of staff.
- Have extensive experience of working in Indonesia.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive and engaging personality.
- Outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter skills to proactively anticipate organizational needs.
- A practical approach to problem solving and the identification of opportunities, and ability to make clear and concise decisions.
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management and decision makers both internally and externally.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally.
- Pro-active-, service- and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded.
- Ability and willingness to travel to several remote areas in Indonesia.
Yayasan offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Program Manager Landscape and Commodities” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 18 January 2019