Peatland is one of the major natural resources in Southeast Asia which plays important role to economy and ecology in the region. The establishment of Sustainable Use of Peatland Project aims to promote sustainable management of peatland, catalyze investment and business model transformation. The project will be part of IDH’s Landscape and Commodities program to strengthen our Production-Protection-Inclusion Initiatives, in our landscapes in Aceh, Jambi, South Sumatra and West Kalimantan.
We believe through this program we can broaden our outcomes in improvement of sector’s growth, together with a wide range of private and public partners, over 500 companies in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in total 600 projects in 50 countries.
For this program, IDH is recruiting a:
Program Manager Sustainable Use of Peatland
this role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia
This position plays a significant role in the development and execution for Sustainable Use of Peatland Programs. The position reports directly to Senior Program Manager Landscape and Commodities and responsible for overall program management, technical and administration direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. The objectives of this role:
- Unlocking and securing private sector investments and develop business models for sustainable peatland commodities.
- Set up or work within a Southeast Asia regional platform to catalyze private sector investments in sustainable peatland commodities and for co-funding in projects with related impacts.
- Develop effective strategies in the Sustainable Use of Peatland program and take full responsibility for program implementation, deliverables, monitoring progress and reporting on outcomes.
- Engage with stakeholders, decision makers, Ministries and local governments to promote sustainable use of peatland.
- Build partnerships necessary to secure cooperation and implementation program through convening and facilitating stakeholder collaboration including partnerships with local and national governments, private sector and civil society.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant commodities, sustainability development and supply chain initiatives to allow benchmarking and challenge current practice.
- Manage effective and persuasive presentation with partners and stakeholders to inform program goals and objectives, address key barriers and challenges, and identify opportunities to improve program outcome.
- Manage contract negotiations in formulating budgets, staffing and program plans with program partners.
- Plan, organize and coordinate events and workshops as required.
- Represent YIDH at industry associations, conferences , and other external meetings and events as directed by Senior Program Manager Landscape and Commodities.
- Promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture among the program partners.
- Prepare and develop of high quality project documents and serve as the technical lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries.
- Advance degree in in agriculture social science/development studies, strategic/program management or related field.
- A Minimum 7+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings.
- Extensive knowledge of international trade, supply chains, landscape and commodities (Palm Oil, Timber, Pulp and Paper, or Rubber), and sustainability development in respect of forest conservation.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Proven ability for networking with major players in government and across the development sector.
- Good knowledge of financial management and budgeting principle.
- Proven record of managing and developing a team of staff.
- Have extensive experience of working in Indonesia.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A practical approach to problem solving and the identification of opportunities, and ability to make clear and concise decisions.
- Ability to effectively work with senior management and decision makers both internally and externally.
- Strong writing, presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas in Indonesia and Southeast Asian countries.
Yayasan offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to email@example.com mentioning “Program Manager Sustainable Use of Peatland” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 15 February 2019.