Business Development and Innovative Finance function is designed to develop pipeline for investment fund in accordance with the principles of the Production-Protection-Inclusion (PPI): using a combination of donor and commercial funding to support investments in improved production practices, in return for delivery of conservation, protection and restoration targets beyond the concession boundary. We believe through this position we can broaden our outcomes in improvement of sector’s growth in Indonesia.
To further strengthen the scale-up of the program of commodities and landscape, Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau (Yayasan), a grantee of IDH is recruiting a:
Senior Manager Business Development and Innovative Finance
this role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia
The position is working directly with Yayasan’s Program Director in Indonesia and IDH’s Chief Investment Officer to build a concrete pipeline of production-protection-inclusion projects involving partnership with private sector supply chain companies, local communities (including smallholders) and public entities in Indonesia. This position will be leading in co-designing and negotiating the structure of the projects with key external shareholders. The key function of the role is project origination, capital raising and structuring of innovative finance project alongside supply chain companies and financial institutions, as well as monitoring that relevant public good impact is created. The main objectives:
- Develop a robust pipeline of investable projects in key landscapes under the direction of the Yayasan’s Program Director and also IDH’s Chief Investment Officer by the end of 2019.
- Provide Technical Assistance services for four of IDH’s Climate Impact Fund partners: Andgreen Fund, FarmFit Fund, LDN Fund and Agri3 Fund.
- Evaluate existing field level projects and compacts, and make them investment ready as pipelines for the funds, banks, and other source of innovative financing.
- Ensure newly developed pipelines integrated measures to include Innovative Finance (IF) and Access to Finance (A2F) elements early in the design phase.
- Working alongside other program managers and colleagues in developing leads and pipelines.
- Develop pipelines and provide technical assistance to make existing projects investment ready for Andgreen Fund, FarmFit Fund, LDN Fund and Agri3 Fund.
- Contribute to the Yayasan’s strategic thinking, propose and implement business development ideas.
- Develop and execute innovative finance strategies for the YIDH and serve as technical expert on general and innovative finance for the organization.
- Build partnerships necessary to secure cooperation and implementation program of innovative finance and access to finance through convening and facilitating stakeholder collaboration including partnerships with local and national governments, private sector and civil society.
- Maintain successful relationships with relevant program partners, donors and buyers.
- Lead due diligence with existing and new program partners.
- Generating and finalizing complex deal with program partners.
- Represent YIDH at conferences and other external meetings and events as directed by Program Director.
- Works with colleagues to develop proposals, concepts notes, investment committee notes or program summaries that speak to program partners need, concern and objectives.
- Manage communication and periodical report writing with the Communication Manager to internal and external relevant stakeholders.
- Effectively translate research data and ideas into memoranda, presentations, financial models and other.
- A minimum 10+ years experience in a challenging leadership position within a business setting, such as an investment bank, commercial or development bank or private equity fund or etc.
- Strong knowledge of international trade, supply chains, landscape and commodities in particular knowledge of the palm oil sector in Indonesia is a strong benefit.
- Substantial experience in either business development, capital raising, and/or developing public-private partnerships.
- Proven record in making of financial deals of US$1,000,000 to $20,000,000.
- Strong networks of CEOs, business owners, fund managers, bankers, and industry players within relevant industries in Indonesia and Singapore.
- Experience in merger & acquisition, debt restructuring, structuring loans, equity, or related field is preferred.
- Practical and technical knowledge of legal and regulatory issues of investment requirements including fiscal and taxation.
- Proven record of managing a team of staff and developing them personally.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A Team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Results driven.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter skills to proactively anticipate organizational needs.
- A practical approach to problem solving and the identification of opportunities, and ability to make clear and concise decisions.
- Ability to effectively deal with senior management and decision makers both internally and externally.
- Strong writing, presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Yayasan offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to email@example.com mentioning “Senior Manager Business Development and Innovative Finance” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 22 February 2019.