Are you passionate about transforming agriculture value chains to deliver better economic outcomes for smallholder farmers? Are you a strategic thinker that can combine technical expertise with excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset? Are you motivated to apply your critical analytical skills to translate data, evidence and sector trends into practical insights and knowledge products? Are you motivated to accelerate multi-stakeholders’ action in the agriculture value chains? We are looking for an Innovation Manager to strengthen our transformative Better Income agenda.
As an Innovation Manager, you will lead the technical elements of the better and living income agenda at IDH. You work on knowledge products, tools, insights and operational tasks around the topic of better income, and support IDH colleagues in implementing this agenda. You stay up to date on developments around the topic of smallholder income within IDH and externally. With this, you also support in the provision of tailored advice to IDH program teams and lead on co-development and adoption of data-driven tools and knowledge products to support both IDH and the private sector to close living income gaps. This requires translating complex concepts into written and visual content for both audiences. The operational tasks that come with this role are activities like organizing meetings, managing budgets, contracting and stakeholder management (internal and external).
The Living Income Roadmap is at the forefront of the IDH Better Income agenda, and this role is integral to its success. You report to the IDH Better Income Lead and you will be part of the Innovation & Insights team.
In sum, your role includes:
- Being the methodology expert and technical network coordinator for the topic of Better and Living Income
- Support intelligence and capacity building around the topic of Better income and Living Income;
- Advisory to internal IDH team on topics relating to better income for small-holder farmers;
- Lead the development, role-out and adoption of various tools;
- Contribute to knowledge management agenda of the Better Income team;
- Internal and external stakeholder management;
- Support the capacity building of IDH staff on Better and Living Income;
- Operational support for the Better Income team.
Who you are
You are a great team player with a good systems level understanding of agricultural value chains, smallholder production systems and/or social development. You have a clear understanding of how interventions and actions across ecosystem actors influence economic outcomes for small-holder farmers. Therefore, experience with working in smallholder communities is a plus. Same goes for experience in collaborating with people from different cultural backgrounds and levels of seniority. You are a strong conceptual thinker who can transform that into effective knowledge products and solutions. You have the ability to excel in a fast-changing environment and are a pro-active, result-oriented and self-organized person.
What you bring
- 5+ years of relevant working experience preferably in a role as consultant or practitioner in areas relating to agriculture, social-development or related fields.
- Working and thinking at Master’s degree level; preferably in field of Agriculture, rural livelihoods, social-development or related topics.
- Experience in tackling social issues across supply chains from the private sector perspective is a plus
- Experience in leading and conducting research and managing consultants
- Experience in knowledge management and capacity building
- Exposure and experience in African and south-east Asian commodity chain contexts is a plus.
- Proven track record in collaboration in cross organizational self-steering teams
- Strong communication capabilities at multiple levels (corporate, academic, public sector)
- Strong written and visual communication skills;
- Affinity to work with data; and evidence and data based decision making.
- Fluent in English
We offer you
- A gross monthly salary ranging from EUR 4,088 to 5,110 (excluding 8% holiday allowance), based on a 40-hour work week. Our salary will be determined by your level of experience, ensuring you are rewarded for your skills and expertise.
- A fulltime (40 hours) 1 year contract initially, with the intention to extend (as this is a permanent position).
Comprehensive Benefits Package (apply for working in the Netherlands)
- Vacation: 26 days of paid vacation leave per year (100% FTE). Additionally, IDH offers the flexibility to buy or sell up to 6 days of vacation annually, allowing you to tailor your time off to your personal needs.
- Health Insurance Support: IDH contributes €66.14 net per month towards your health insurance premium, helping you maintain optimal health coverage.
- Robust Pension Scheme: A comprehensive pension scheme with considerable contribution by the employer and 3.5% contribution by the employee, ensuring financial stability during your retirement.
- Commuting support: Provide NS Business Card or full reimbursement of commuting costs. Choose between receiving €0.21 per kilometer or opting for second class public transport, making your journey to work hassle-free.
- Flexible Working Hours and Hybrid Work Model: Allows you to balance your professional and personal life effectively.
- Supportive Work Environment: IDH provides all the necessary work supplies depends on the role (laptop, phone, etc.) to ensure you have everything you need to excel in your role.
- Work-from-Home Allowance: Receive a monthly work-from-home allowance of €16.53 net, acknowledging the changing work landscape and supporting your remote work setup.
- Health and Wellness: Prioritize your physical well-being with a sports club/health club allowance of €38.58 gross per month, enabling you to invest in your fitness and overall health.
- Nutritious Work Environment: Enjoy a range of perks at the Utrecht office, including fresh fruits, organic coffee and tea, fresh mint and ginger tea, promoting a nourishing and supporting work atmosphere.
By joining IDH, you’ll experience a purposeful driven work environment, and a commitment to your well-being, fostering both personal and professional growth.
Would you like to apply? Please follow this link and submit your application: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/287551/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before EOD September 22, 2023. In the event that the right applicant is found, the application link may be closed earlier.
For more questions about the role and organization, please contact Phat Nguyen at email@example.com.
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 400 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.