We are excited to be searching for an innovative and committed IT Solutions Architect to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
As part of the dynamic IT team, the IT Solutions Architect will work with several stakeholders in business units and country teams to operationalize and deliver on the IT goals for IDH.
As the solutions architect, you will be part of an entrepreneurial spirited organization, and in-charge of designing the roadmap to (re)solve architectural issues, unifying data flows, and driving organizational impact. You will bring oversight, analysis, and recommendations for the way various systems/tools (e.g., the financial system, the contracting and procurement system etc.) are (or could be) integrated, will build the roadmap to deliver on the IT department’s vision, and will lead the execution of a fit-for-purpose data flow architecture.
The ideal candidate will have a technical orientation, is attentive to detail, is committed to delivery, and capably manages a dynamic work environment. In addition, they will also be able to demonstrate work experience in creating and/or leading the process of integrating IT systems to meet organizational requirements; analyzing the risks and business impact of technical choices on the organization/process(es); evaluating project constraints; as well as efficient and effective collaboration with key stakeholders.
Who you are
No minimum years of work experience is required, but we are looking for someone with:
- An analytical background and strong results-oriented experience in IT;
- Ability to translate organizational needs and developments to solutions;
- Ability to break down complex and technical topics to a non-technical audience;
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, project managers, developers, and software vendors;
- The drive to proactively design and implement process improvements;
- Enjoy actively transferring and sharing knowledge, coaching and training colleagues and ensuring that information (process) is embedded and retained in relevant processes and systems;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English is required and fluency in Dutch is an advantage).
What you bring
- Education in Computer Science, or experience in a similar field (ability to think and process information on HBO level or above)
- AWS, Azure, ITIL, or Google cloud certifications are a plus – please list skills, certifications, and proficiency level in your CV
- Good working knowledge of software (& languages) such as Salesforce, SQL, Microsoft Suite, XML, and interest in further expanding technical skills.
- Knowledge of database management, and optimizing databases for operational and performance efficiency; and advanced knowledge of database security is a plus.
We offer you
A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization – and:
- a competitive salary range of EUR 3348 to EUR 4185 gross per month depending on your experience and competences, along with 8% holiday allowance,
- 40 hours work week;
- holiday allowance, pension scheme, flexible working hours, 26 holidays, travel cost allowance, etc.;
- all the work supplies you need to excel in your role;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- hybrid work mode with flexibility to work from home.
Please note that these benefits are relevant for our HQ in Utrecht, NL. However, this position could also be based at our Brussels office.
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyze change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/265476/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before March 31st, 2023.
Please note that candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands or Belgium.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.