Do you get energy from advising our team in Abidjan on Monitoring & Evaluation? Do you want to strengthen IDH performance measurement strategy? Are you the fast learning process manager we are looking for? Then apply to our Monitoring & Evaluation Manager position and join our team.
As M&E Manager you are part of the Côte d’Ivoire team while also closely working with the Cocoa Team in Utrecht (the Netherlands). You report directly to the Country Manager in Côte d’Ivoire. The M&E Manager works with the different program officers or managers to perform independent tasks and projects in the following areas:
Performance measurement analyses to strengthen IDH strategies
- Strengthen IDH performance measurement strategy (at output, outcome and impact level) together with the FCIP Manager, CFI M&E team and the ISLA Manager, to ensure efficient and impactful data-driven strategies.
- Coordinate the delivery of IDH Impact Evaluation at corporate level.
- Provide information to the Impact Committee of IDH, one of IDH mechanisms to steer impact.
- Lead and/or support program teams to deliver research, such as impact evaluations, to gather insights on the performance of IDH in each of the three result areas (improved sector governance, changing business practices and field level sustainability).
- Support the cocoa program on thinking through their overall intervention logic, defining appropriate & actionable quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, and presenting them in external reporting that appeal to partner businesses investors.
Business Intelligence insights & communication
- Support the FCIP, CFI and ISLA teams in Abidjan and if needed later on the Cocoa team in the Netherlands or in other African countries, and the fundraising team with data-driven evidence and analytics.
- Compel and translate the outcomes of the evidence gathered (from for instance Result Measurement Framework data and Evaluations) into high-quality reporting to provide aggregated insights on the performance of the organization to drive learning internally and externally.
- Innovate with external partners on SDG reporting.
- Organize webinars or establish other learning platforms for training IDH staff, and if needed implementing partners, on performance measurement analyses.
- Maintain and develop knowledge on performance management and business intelligence by analysing trends and external developments and by challenging current practice
- Develop relevant knowledge networks, manage relationships and exchange knowledge and experience with relevant organizations, experts, consultants, academia and thoughts leaders. Stimulate knowledge sharing of performance measurement analyses also within IDH.
Who are you?
IDH is looking for a smart and organized team player. A fast learner who brings experience and a practical approach to research, data-driven strategies and business intelligence. A positive and engaged person who can help the organization keep on track toward our ambitions. Vital to have attention to detail while remaining focused and continue having a bird-eye view.
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level or higher
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, performance measurement analyses, business intelligence and/or impact research
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and translate data into insights
- Good process manager and proven project management skills
- Sound and creative communicator, able to present data-driven insights in a compelling manner to our corporate partners and investors.
- Knowledge of sustainability and international trade and development
- Experience on qualitative research and performance management of blended finance projects are a big plus
- Content experience on at least one of IDH’s five impact themes (smallholder inclusion, mitigation of deforestation, living wage and working conditions, responsible agrochemical management, and gender equality and empowerment) is a pro
- Fluent in French and in English
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours a week and initially for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Valerie Reboud (Country Manager Côte d’Ivoire) at email@example.com.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/141137/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 27 September, 2019. Is this not your dream job? Sharing this vacancy with your network is highly appreciated.
The position will be based in Abidjan and is open to applicants of all nationalities, however, candidates should have permission to work in the Côte d’Ivoire. The position may require to travel in other African countries producing cocoa (Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana for instance).