Do you get energy from convening meetings and fostering partnerships? We are looking for a Coordinator for the Green Commodity Landscape Program in Cameroon. This position will give you the chance to support implementation of the program strategy and work with multiple stakeholders in the Grand Mbam landscape and at national level. It is a position in which you get the chance to make a difference. Does this sound like the job for you? Read more about the position below.
We are looking for a Landscape Coordinator for the Grand Mbam landscape, with an initial focus on the municipalities of Mbangassina, Ntui and Ngoro.
You will be the go-to person of the Green Commodity Landscape Program (GCLP) in the landscape, spending most of your time in the field, and working closely with the IDH Cocoa & Landscape Program Manager based in Yaoundé. You will contribute to the program strategy and coordinate implementation at landscape level – including but not limited to convening the landscape-level multi-stakeholder coalition, contributing to the design and setting up of field projects, facilitating coordination between contracted project partners and the landscape key stakeholders, and tracking progress on the ground. Of primary importance is supporting the landscape level multi-stakeholder coalition to develop a joint vision and targets for the landscape.
Within this role your tasks are, but not limited to:
- Organize landscape-level coalition meetings and organize structured consultations with other stakeholders in Mbangassina, in close collaboration with the Program Manager;
- Support expansion of the GCLP to neighboring municipalities of Ngoro and Ntui;
- Provide input on the relevance of co-funding projects being developed, ensuring their relevance in the local context, in particular, ensuring the proposed projects are innovative and additional vs. what already exists in the landscape;
- Assess project implementation in the landscape at all stages: planning, implementation, execution, (co-) financing and evaluation, and report back on findings to the Program Manager and Country Manager;
- Support the Program Manager in identifying landscape-level partners and ensuring existing partnerships run smoothly;
- Provide monthly (finance) report to the Program Manager and Country Manager;
- Flag issues to the team, suggest possible solutions and provide additional support where requested;
- Develop appropriate and accessible presentations for meetings within the landscape and at the national or international level and provide input for IDH landscape communication materials.
Who you are
IDH is looking for an effective, service-oriented, self-motivated, connector with coordination skills and an excellent experience in project management. You understand how to build and maintain effective partnerships and are great at stakeholder management. You are result oriented in achieving the agreed on objectives within your project and not only driven to meet them, but to exceed them. You have experience in program administration and facilitating multi-stakeholder coalitions based on your networking skills and ability to share your expertise and excel in your verbal and written communication skills in French. As you have field experience preferably within agricultural commodity sectors, you can interact with stakeholders at local and national levels, from the private and public sectors as well as civil society. You are energetic, a fast learner, self-driven, able to work with a remote team.
What you bring
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant and extensive field experience in natural resource (agriculture especially) program or project management. If you don’t have a Degree but can demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills and have a proven track record in program or project management, and experience in managing multi-stakeholder processes we encouraged you to apply;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication in French (must have) and knowledge of English;
- You have excellent facilitation skills and report writing capabilities that are critical in this role and will be a central evaluation criteria;
- You have field experience and are willing to relocate to Mbam et Kim, and frequently travel to Mbangassina, to Ntui or Ngoro;
- You have program administration, program management and reporting skills.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
About the Green Commodity Landscape Program
In Cameroon, IDH has joined forces with WWF to co-facilitate the Green Commodity Landscape Program (GCLP). GCLP brings together stakeholders to co-design and jointly implement actions that help protect forests, improve sustainable production of cocoa and other agricultural commodities, and enhance livelihoods of farmers and their communities in two selected landscapes in Cameroon: Grand Mbam and Djoum-Mintom.
The program aims to bring together the key stakeholders in each landscape, to develop Production Protection Inclusion (PPI) Compacts, which are multi-stakeholder agreements to enhance agricultural productivity while protecting and conserving forests. The PPI Compacts are developed at municipality level, and shaped by a landscape coalition that is representative of different groups: local authorities, farmer organizations, private sector, various community groups, women & youth associations etc. In these compacts, community, commercial and conservation goals are considered and balanced. The Compacts serve as a tool to attract new projects and funding that will contribute to reaching the goals. Based on this long-term vision, IDH facilitates investments to provide solid social and economic development opportunities for rural communities, while ensuring long term conservation of forests.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours per week, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a competitive salary, depending on seniority and experience.
Candidates should have access and a valid work permit to work in Cameroon.
Would you like to apply? We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by the 31st of July using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/196635/apply
Please feel free to Jonas Mva Mva (Cocoa Program & Africa Landscape Director) at email@example.com or Joel Owona (GCLP Manager), at firstname.lastname@example.org (+237 6 95 07 44 30) with any content related questions about this position.