Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact? Do you want to be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable trade every day with various stakeholders, such as companies, producers, governments, investors, and other partners? We have an excellent opportunity for a Landscape Manager to strengthen our Landscape team. We are looking for a colleague with gravitas, who can operate at the highest level, and can move and shape the landscape and commodities program.
The IDH Landscape Program
The IDH Landscapes program is one of IDH’s interventions to drive transformative systemic change towards sustainable trade. We are promoting production, protection, and inclusion (PPI) visions in 3 important landscapes in Indonesia in terms of biodiversity, climate change, sustainable production, and smallholder inclusions to achieve sustainable sourcing area of key commodities that bring development impacts on better environment and better income. To achieve those visions, IDH brings together key representatives of different interests and priorities, such as governments, large multinational companies, small and medium size local businesses, farmers, international organizations, NGOs, and civil society organizations, and helps them cooperate towards a common goal. The work is intended to disrupt and change the existing system, so that agricultural products are grown sustainably, forests and natural resources are safeguarded and restored, and communities prosper.
The Landscape Manager reports directly to Program Director with focus on:
- Identifying and prototyping scalable investment and financial mechanisms for PPI (Production, Protections, Inclusion) compacts and solutions.
- Identifying, developing, and prototyping business and investment model and trade linkage (with value chain connection) for indigenous, village and conservation forests in Papua – having alignment with other partners and projects including GEG (green economic growth).
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategy business and investment model.
- Lead the overall process of making final investment agreements which consist of client origination, deal structuring and monitoring that achieve optimum result in line with the YIDH’s investment strategy and objectives.
- To identify and secure, evaluate and prioritize a pipeline of business opportunities.
- Write reports and present to relevant stakeholders on investment opportunities.
- To promote the organization externally, including attending events, networking, presentations and building relationships with key stakeholders.
Who you are
You are a trustworthy experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. You enjoy collaboration and teamwork, but you are also able to work independently. You can manage change and gain commitment easily as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner, you know how to drive the process, keep focus and discipline, guide and evolve to a successful planned outcome.
You are highly proficient in spoken and written English. You have a strong verbal and written communication skills. You are able and willing to travel to remote areas.
What you bring?
- Advance degree preferably in business, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or a comparable field of knowledge.
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings, preferable experience in either business development, fundraising, and/or developing public-private partnerships.
- Extensive knowledge of international commodity supply chains and sustainability issues in the landscape and commodities sector.
- Strong networks in agricultural commodity companies as well as in governments and multilateral partners, preferably also collaborating with knowledge institutes and civil society.
- Demonstrate ability to convince/persuasive in written and verbal with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas in Indonesia.
We offer you
We offer a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year employment contract but with the possibility to extend.
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau, a grantee of IDH Sustainable Trade Initiative (“IDH”), accelerates and up-scales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society, governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English.
by using the following:https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/290105/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 15 October 2023.
Candidates should be Indonesian nationals.