Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact? Do you want to be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable trade every day with various stakeholders, such as companies, producers, governments, investors, and other partners? We have an excellent opportunity for a Landscape Project Design & Governance Manager to strengthen our Landscape and Commodities team. We are looking for a colleague with gravitas, who can operate at the highest level, and can move and shape the landscape and commodities program.
The IDH Landscape Program
The IDH Landscapes program is one of IDH’s interventions to drive transformative systemic change towards sustainable trade. In the 18 landscapes in 12 countries currently part of the program, agricultural and forestry commodities are being produced at an increasing rate while problems like deforestation, water stress, biodiversity loss and soil erosion are becoming increasingly acute. IDH brings together key representatives of different interests and priorities, such as governments, large multinational companies, small and medium size local businesses, farmers, international organizations, NGOs and civil society organizations, and helps them cooperate towards a common goal. The work is intended to disrupt and change the existing system, so that agricultural products are grown sustainably, forests and natural resources are safeguarded and restored, and communities prosper.
You will be based in Jakarta and report directly to National Landscape Program Management with key responsibilities below:
- Lead on developing proposals, concept notes, program/project summaries, and other program/project enabling documents that speak to program/project partners need, concern and objectives.
- Design program/project framework, including all outputs, outcomes, and activities with baselines, indicators of progress and targets.
- Develop landscape situation analysis and formulate sustainable landscape visions for each target landscape in term of sustainable production, conservation, restoration, and inclusions
- Formulate strategic policies for supporting operationalization green growth plan
- Develop technical materials for supporting convening process
- Provide risk assessment, monitoring and evaluation approach for the program project in accordance with accepted indicators and evaluation criteria defined by the
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in accordance to YIDH governance and obtain required approvals
- Manage resources and develop team personnel in alignment with program/project requirements.
Who you are
You are a trustworthy experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. You enjoy collaboration and teamwork, but you are also able to work independently. You can manage change and gain commitment easily as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner, you know how to drive the process, keep focus and discipline, guide and evolve to a successful planned outcome.
You are highly proficient in spoken and written English. You have a strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you bring
- Advance degree preferably in business, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or a comparable field of knowledge.
- 7+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings, preferable in program development and implementation in sustainable landscape management and/or in natural resources management.
- Proven record of managing a team of staff and developing them personally.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods; demonstrated experience in developing and building programs from scratch.
- Experiences in developing landscape situation analysis and formulate strategies to achieve sustainable landscape goals
- Experiences in developing project proposals and contract management, excel at creating process, and can navigate collaboration with the multi-stakeholder.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. Yayasan Inisiatif Dagang Hijau, a grantee of IDH Sustainable Trade Initiative (“IDH”), accelerates and up-scales sustainable trade by building impact-oriented coalitions of front running companies, civil society, governments, knowledge institutions and other stakeholders in several commodity sectors and landscapes.
What we offer
We offer a challenging position within a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your application letter and CV in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/205595/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 1 November 2021
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.