Landscape and Commodities program brings together businesses, government, farmers, communities and civil society to build sustainable governance models across tropical forest regions, or landscapes. Through our three-pronged PPI approach, we create areas where agricultural products are grown sustainably (Production), forests and natural resources are safeguard (Protection), and communities thrive (Inclusion).We believe through this program we can broaden our outcomes in improvement of sector’s growth, together with a wide range of private and public partners, over 500 companies in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in total 600 projects in 50 countries.
To strengthen the scale-up of the program of landscape and commodities, IDH is recruiting a:
Program Officer Landscape and Commodities
this role is based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
The Program Officer is a support role with the main objectives:
- Support the development and implementation of high quality projects with government, private sector, farmers and NGOs
- Support the program management by delivering reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the project portfolio
- Support the entire program to deliver on its targets
- Help identify potential partners to work with and through in implementation programs.
- Maintain contacts with existing program stakeholders and establish network with other related public and private partners.
- Assist in developing and monitoring work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Prepare and review program contract documents (contracts, subcontracts, sub-agreements, and Memoranda of Understanding) as requested.
- Recording and reconciliation of financial administration, aligned with IDH’s internal control framework.
- lead in planning, organization, coordination and execution of events and workshops.
- Prepare, review and disseminate project-related reports and documents.
- Advance degree in in agriculture, social science/development studies, strategic/program management or related field.
- A Minimum 3+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings.
- Knowledge of sustainability issue in the landscape and commodities sector (Palm Oil, Timber, Pulp and Paper, Rubber).
- Strong knowledge of financial administration and budgets.
- Good experience in project and stakeholder management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a very good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have extensive experience working in Malaysia.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding analytical capabilities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally.
- Pro-active-, service- and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded.
- Ability and willingness to travel to several remote areas.
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Program Officer Landscape and Commodities-Malaysia” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 15 February 2019.