Landscape and Commodities program brings together businesses, government, farmers, communities and civil society to build sustainable governance models across tropical forest regions, or landscapes. Through our three-pronged PPI approach, we create areas where agricultural products are grown sustainably (Production), forests and natural resources are safeguard (Protection), and communities thrive (Inclusion).We believe through this program we can broaden our outcomes in improvement of sector’s growth, together with a wide range of private and public partners, over 500 companies in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in total 600 projects in 50 countries.
To strengthen the scale-up of the program of landscape and commodities, IDH is recruiting a:
IDH Country Coordinator and Senior Program Manager Landscape and Commodities
this role is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This senior leadership position is working directly with the Program Director in Indonesia and Global Landscape Director in Utrecht. The position is leading the Landscape and Commodities team in Malaysia in the development and execution overall program management, technical and administration direction, as well as setting and delivering on long term goals. The position is responsible for providing guidance, directing and monitoring IDH’s Landscape and Commodities team in Malaysia to achieve the objectives:
- Engage with Malaysian National Government and related entities to design and implement the program and linking this with subnational institutions in the context mainstream sustainable palm oil production.
- Engage with State level Government to design and implement jurisdictional Green Growth Plans that enable mainstream production of sustainable palm oil and other commodities, while safeguarding natural resources.
- Unlocking and securing private sector investment in sustainable production of palm oil and other commodities, as well as sustainable natural recourse management.
- The development and transformation of commodity markets into sustainable supply chains and preferential sourcing areas.
- Set-up and manage overall operations in Malaysia by establishing, following and enforcing standard system and procedures, complying with IDH’s regulation.
- Responsible for convening and securing commitments and agreements from governments, private sectors and other stakeholder related to the effort to Landscape and Commodities program at the national level and State level.
- Coordinate and leading the program team throughout program implementation, deliverables, monitoring progress and reporting on outcomes.
- Manage effective and persuasive presentation with partners and stakeholders to inform program goals and objectives, address key barriers and challenges, and identify opportunities to improve program outcome.
- Represent IDH at industry associations, conferences, and other external meetings and events as directed by Program Director.
- Promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture among the team members and program partners.
- Serve as the technical lead in proposal development, concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries.
- Advance degree in in agriculture, social science/development studies, strategic/program management or related field.
- A Minimum 15+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings, previous experience in office set up would be desirable.
- Proven ability for networking with major players in government, private sector and other stakeholders at the national and local levels across the development sector.
- Extensive knowledge of sustainability issue in the landscape and commodities sector (Palm Oil, Timber, Pulp and Paper, Rubber, and sustainability development in respect of forest conservation.
- Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
- Proven record of managing and developing a team of staff.
- Good knowledge of financial management and budgeting principle.
- Have extensive experience of working in Malaysia.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
- A Team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A practical approach to problem solving and the identification of opportunities, and ability to make clear and concise decisions.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote areas.
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to email@example.com mentioning “Senior Program Manager Landscape and Commodities-Malaysia” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 15 February 2019.