Have you led monitoring and evaluation elements for a large international organization? Are you interested in contributing to sustainable trade, Monitoring and Evaluation standards and helping the organization grow and reach their future goals?
Consider IDH! We’re hiring a Manager M&E to support our team of M&E professionals to support new programs in sustainable trade worldwide.
As the Manager of Monitoring & Evaluation, you are part of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team while working closely with program teams in IDH offices in the Netherlands and abroad. The Manager M&E works with the M&E advisors and officers to provide M&E support and perform independent tasks and projects for our business units and organization. You report directly to the CFO.
Your key responsibilities would be, but not limited to:
Lead M&E team
- Coordinate and support a team of dedicated M&E advisors and officers to provide high quality M&E support to the IDH organization.
- Manage the interfaces between the M&E work and interest and the activities of other IDH departments, the business units and country offices.
Drive M&E strategy
- Further develop and drive the M&E strategy and oversee impact measurement activities taken by M&E advisors and officers. Work closely with the Innovation and Insight team and corporate teams to ensure that M&E is an integral part of IDH’s working methodology and is directly contributing to improving the impact of IDH’s program strategies.
- Develop a strategy for measuring IDH Return on Investment and IDH contribution to the SDGs via a corporate evaluation plan that includes internal and external (impact) evaluations.
- Support the development of a smart data strategy (together with Innovations and Insights team) and ensuring that there is as much as possible harmonization and standardization of data points collected throughout of the organization for M&E.
Coordinate the technical support to the IDH business units in designing and implementing enhanced practices for monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure that the business units have set out clear assumptions and a learning agenda for their work at their strategy and intervention levels which they are actively seeking to test.
- Ensure the business units receive sufficient M&E support, by organizing that every business unit has one dedicated M&E advisor or officer (“M&E leads”), to be able to project realistic intermediate and longer-term targets and to set indicators for tracking progress to capture the breadth of their objectives.
- Guide the business units’ M&E leads in managing the monitoring and result measurement (MRM) systems including data quality assurance, aggregation, and storage.
- Set the framework for the business units’ M&E leads, so all teams work in an aligned manner and consolidation to corporate level is organized efficiently.
Who you are
IDH is looking for a bright and organized team player and process manager. You have a strategic and pragmatic mindset. You are able to focus on the most critical issues and work with our different teams to put these in place, before building up to more advanced mechanisms.
As you are an experienced M&E professional you know how M&E can be used to drive the impact of program strategies. You are a positive and engaged person who will develop and design, monitor and evaluate the ambitious targets the organization sets. It is vital to have a bird-eye view on where IDH is going and how continuous learning via M&E can support our long-term strategy.
What you bring
- Minimum 8 years working experience in M&E, with proven experience developing, leading and managing different project cycle M&E steps and processes;
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven experience in strategic planning, staff development and capacity building;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that span multiple countries;
- Leadership skills and the ability to work collaborate, motivate and influence colleagues, donors, country partners and stakeholders;
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods, mixed methods, and M&E practices to answer program evaluation and other applicable questions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on Better Jobs, Better Environment and Better Income. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours per week, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a competitive salary, depending on seniority and experience.
Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Felia Palsenberg at email@example.com.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/199697/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by August 27th 2021.