Do you want to help develop and implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) strategy of IDH? Do you get energy from supporting program teams to improve their M&E tools and framework? Do you want to play a proactive role in coordination of data collection, analysis, and interpretation for reporting and decision-making? Are you a seasoned M&E expert, advisor, “M&E advocate”, and connector? Then this role might be your next opportunity!
As Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor you are part of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team while working closely with program teams in IDH headquarter and country offices. You report directly to the Senior Advisor of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. Within this role you will focus on:
Advisory M&E Services
- Support design, undertake and oversee evaluations and in-house research projects for program scoping, planning and evaluation purposes. Be able to articulate key assumptions and learning questions.
- Support the management of external service providers to ensure M&E assignments meeting the needs of project/program/organization.
- Summarize and present program results and evaluation findings to internal and external partners
- Provide technical support and respond to ad-hoc program request for development and implementation of M&E frameworks for Business Units, including support for the development and revision of M&E frameworks, logic models and TOCs, developing and implementing indicators, creating guidance for project teams, target-setting, and the articulation of key assumptions and learning questions
Standardization of Data Collection and Management
- Support the roll-out of the IDH organizational Result Measurement Framework, including impact level indicators, ensure adherence of indicator definition and measurement guidance.
- Support organizational impact management by ensuring individual data collection activities (field level and sector level, quantitative and qualitative) are designed and implemented against a coherent learning trajectory and organizational evaluation plan.
- Ensure deliverables of data collection activities (such as Primary Data Collection) fit the purpose of project, program and organization and meeting quality standard
- Support IDH’ Business Unit in building capacity to implement M&E frameworks, interpret M&E data and support IDH programs to make use of insights to steer the quality of projects and programs.
- Cultivate an M&E culture and promote data-driven decision making
Who you are
IDH is looking for a well-organized and fast-working team player who is comfortable working independently and taking initiative. An experienced M&E expert who can bring their M&E experience into program management and has a practical approach using M&E to strengthen action and maximize impact. A positive and committed professional who can help the organization keep on track towards its ambitions. Vital to have attention to detail while remaining focused and continue having a bird-eye view.
What you bring
- A Master’s degree or similar in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 4 years working experience in M&E or impact evaluation, previous experience with agricultural and environmental projects is an asset
- Excellent communication skills to be able explain and inspire stakeholders to improve M&E practice and communicate program results and evaluation findings to broad audiences
- Experience in designing and managing the implementation of independent evaluations
- Strong data management and analytical skills and experience with GDPR
- Able to work independently and show initiative to influence changes
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Experience with IATI an asset
- Experience with statistical analysis and software such as SAS, SPSS, R, or Python
- Experience in developing and implementing the M&E framework for value chain programs and plan for programs with zero-deforestation commitments is desired
- Experience in designing and managing geographic information system or Environmental/Social Impact Assessment is desired
What we offer
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours a week and initially for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. We offer a gross monthly salary between EUR 3200-3800 (based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Kate Xie at email@example.com.
The position will be based in Utrecht and is open to applicants of all nationalities, however, candidates should have permission to work in the Netherlands.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/196437/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before July 30, 2021.