Do you want to help develop and implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) strategy of IDH? Do you get energy from supporting program teams to improve their M&E tools and framework? Do you want to play a proactive role in coordination of data collection, analysis, and interpretation for reporting and decision-making? Are you a seasoned M&E expert, advisor, “M&E advocate”, and connector? To support the Food Crops and Ingredients Business Unit, IDH is recruiting a Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor.
The Business Unit
The Food Crops and Ingredients (FC&I) Business Unit combines several Agri-commodities and provides cross-sector solutions on critical issues. The program builds on existing platforms that have been set up by IDH and partners over the last years in different sectors like Fruit & Vegetables, Flowers & Plants, Juice, Nuts, Aquaculture, Spices and Vanilla. The innovative and fast-growing Value Chain Development (VCD) program forms the other part of the Business Unit. The VCD program is aimed at developing inclusive value chains for the fast-growing regional food markets in Africa as well as for the premium export markets.
You will work in a team with the Business Unit Director, Program Managers, other Program Officers and colleagues from the Operations and the Innovations & Insights teams. As Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor you can also play a role in general IDH projects, giving you the chance to experience many sides of the organization. You are part of the Business Unit Food Crops and Ingredients, while working closely together with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team in IDH headquarter and country offices.
Your main activities are:
- Provide technical training and support for development and implementation of the M&E framework, including support for the development and revision of M&E frameworks to better capture changes in business practices and sector governance as a result of IDH’s convening work.
- Provide technical support for the development and regular revision of logic models and TOCs, developing and implementing indicators, creating guidance for project teams, target-setting, and the articulation of key assumptions and learning questions.
- Support design, undertake and oversee evaluations and in-house research projects for program scoping, planning and evaluation purposes. Be able to articulate key assumptions and learning questions.
- Summarize and present program results and evaluation findings to internal and external partners
- Support IDH’ Business Unit in building capacity to implement M&E frameworks, interpret M&E data and support IDH programs to make use of insights to steer the quality of projects and programs.
- Cultivate an M&E culture and facilitate and promote data-driven decision making.
Who you are
IDH is looking for a well-organized team player who is comfortable working independently and taking initiative. An experienced M&E expert who can bring their M&E experience into program management and has a practical approach using M&E to strengthen action and maximize impact. A positive and committed professional who can help the organization keep on track towards its ambitions. Vital to have attention to detail while remaining focused and continue having a bird-eye view.
- A Master’s degree or similar in a relevant discipline (f.e. Agriculture, Development studies, MBA)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in M&E or impact evaluation
- Previous experience in agricultural programs and working for or with private sector
- Ability to explain and inspire stakeholders to improve M&E practice and communicate program results and evaluation findings to broad audiences
- Experience in designing and managing the implementation of independent evaluations
- Experience designing and implementing M&E frameworks
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Able to work independently and show initiative to improve quality of M&E
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in sectors and landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours a week and initially for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. We offer a gross monthly salary between EUR 3200-4000 (based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For questions about this position, please contact Fieneke van den Bosch (Operations Manager) at email@example.com.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation (max 1 page) and resume (max 2 pages) in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/204626/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by October 15, 2021.
The position will be based in Utrecht and is open to applicants of all nationalities, however, candidates should have permission to work in the Netherlands.