To support the Climate Resilience Program in Mozambique, IDH is recruiting a:
This position is based in Nampula
About the program
The Mozambique Climate Resilience Program is about building the resilience of farming communities (with cotton at the core) and commodity markets against the increased risks of climate change. IDH works with communities and private sector partners to deliver a holistic approach to livelihood for robust ‘asset’ development towards risk mitigation: building water harvesting structures and embedding water management to all aspect of the household activities: crop management via technology good agricultural practices, gender empowerment, alternative livelihood opportunities such as backyard poultry, second food crop, etc. All through the empowerment of village level institutions.
The program is currently in its final stage for delivering its ‘proof-of-concept’ (expected to close in June 2020), in the 4 existing concessionaire areas. IDH is looking to successfully deliver the last milestones of this phase (implementation of field level activities) and capture lessons learned. As the program ambitions in to expand in more geographical areas, in parallel, IDH aims at further developing the program’s concept (theory of change), its partnership based and expansion roadmap.
For more information please visit: https://www.idhsustainabletrade.com/initiative/mozambique-climate-resilience-program/
In line with the objectives of the program, the consultant will closely collaborate on strategy development, business modelling and partnership building, with the local program team and implementing partners. Depending on seniority, and time available, he/she will also be overseeing pilot project implementation at field level to ensure its successful delivery for its continuation. To develop the program’s expansion plan, the Consultant will also be working on specific deliverables linked program development.
The Consultant will be responsible for the continued development of the climate resilience program as it scales. The consultant will work with the IDH Cotton Program Manager and will focus on implementing existing projects. The Consultant will provide leadership and deliver strategic guidance to the program by building networks and partnerships that result in effective implementation.
This role is expected to be in Nampula, with frequent travel in the various project sites.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant working experience, preferably in working for public-private initiative in the agri-business sector of Mozambique in a consultant or private sector role.
- Demonstrated networks among relevant stakeholders, public (MUST), businesses (MUST), civil societies and knowledge institutes.
- Track record in business development (agri-value chains) including partnership building and business modeling with private sectors.
- Strong experience in working with the government of Mozambique, at multiple level.
- Some understanding of landscape-based initiatives, Green growth plans, PPI Compacts.
- Demonstrated experience of strategic thinking, leadership and convening of stakeholders to deliver collaborative working.
- Working and living experience in Mozambique
- Fluency in English, Portuguese (essential); Macua (desirable)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to structure ambiguous situations rapidly
- Proactive, self-propelling and resourceful
- Ability to build solid relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Creative, analytical strategic thinker
- Organized with an eye for details
IDH offers a working environment with a highly competent, driven team as well as a diverse range of partner organizations. The team works in an independent accountable manner.
The candidate should bring enthusiasm, tenacity, and a proactive mindset to contribute meaningfully to the program’s objectives, and an intrinsic motivation to contribute to farming communities’ livelihood improvement.
IDH offers a competitive consultancy fee depending on seniority and experience. The position is for 20hours to 40hours/week depending on profile, with first contract until June 30, 2020 with the intention for extension based on delivery of key objectives.
For questions about this position, please contact Elea Papaemmanuel at email@example.com.
How to apply
IDH welcomes applications from all candidates fitting the profile and ability to work in Mozambique.
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following link: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/130588/apply
Candidates are based in Mozambique or should have permission to work in Mozambique.