Mainstreaming sustainable trade requires cost effective service delivery models to smallholder farmers and new finance solutions to scale these models. IDH Farmfit Business Support analyzes, improves and scales smallholder service delivery models of companies. Drawing on lessons from analyzing and supporting 100+ companies, the Farmfit Intelligence Center provides strategic insights, best practices and key success factors in smallholder inclusion. To take these models to scale, the Farmfit Fund aims to trigger investments in smallholders service delivery. A prerequisite for success is that companies see Farmfit as a good investment.
To ensure professional marketing of the 3 Farmfit pillars, IDH is recruiting a:
Based in Utrecht, the Netherlands
As Marketeer you co-design marketing strategies for Farmfit Busines Support and the Farmfit Fund, you write sales pitches, and support Farmfit business developers with pitch materials directed at companies, investors and other stakeholders. You report to the Director Communication and the Farmfit Manager. You are part of a the IDH communication team at HQ in Utrecht.
You are an experienced, hands -on marketing manager with a strong drive to implement new and ambitious plans. You are excellent at creating propositions and you are able to tailor messaging to different audiences (multinationals and local SMEs, governments, financial institutions, mobile network operators and civil society organizations) in different cultural contexts. You are an excellent English speaker and writer.
Core job functions are:
- Co-design the marketing strategy of Farmfit Business Support and the Farmfit Fund
- Develop pitch materials and activities to support business developers in both Kenya and the Netherlands
- Be an advisor to the Farmfit team on marketing issues.
- Be an advisor to the IDH HQ communication team on marketing related communication issues.
1. Marketing strategy and activities
- Lead the co-development, implementation and execution of Farmfit marketing strategy, materials and activities.
- Responsibility to maintain working knowledge of public-private marketing, and ensure a comprehensive understanding of communication best practice.
2. Marketing materials
- Develops and coordinates Farmfit marketing materials such as: presentations, events, PR, digital media, brochures, folders, video’s.
- Initiates and supports together with an IDH communication manager the maintenance of credible and informative web-based portal content, providing companies and other stakeholders with knowledge and tools to improve smallholder inclusion business models.
- Develop materials for investors as well as promotional material for the Fund, aimed at potential clients and partners.
- Supports the maintenance and expansion of the Farmfit network.
- Develops effective alliances and manages relations with (international) press and media.
The position is in principle full time and permanent with an initial contract for one year.
Required Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or equivalent field;
- 2+ years of experience with marketing planning and working in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Hands on mentality;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Affinity with and knowledge of supply chains, international trade and development cooperation, smallholder finance and smallholder farming in Africa;
- Ability to work under high pressure to tight deadlines in high risks events;
- Awareness of media and political issues;
- Excellent English language skills. Dutch, French and other languages are a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working in a team.
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.
We offer a competitive salary (depending on seniority and experience) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For questions about this position, please contact Daan de Wit, Director Communication, at +31 (0)6 152 83 774.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/123249
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 14 February 2019. Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.