Do you want to help develop the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PLEM) strategy for IDH? Do you get energy from supporting our program teams on Monitoring & Evaluation? Are you the fast learning, enthusiastic Monitoring & Evaluation Adviser we are looking for? Apply now and hopefully we will be inviting you to our office in Utrecht.
As the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Adviser, you are part of the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) team while working closely with program teams in IDH headquarter and country offices. You report directly to the Senior Manager of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Program Advisory Services
- Contribute to developing and mainstreaming corporate PMEL policies and strategies within IDH
- Provide technical support to the development and implementation of program theories of change (ToC), key performance indicators, M&E plan and protocols
- Ensure programs are designed and planned using M&E deliverable’s such as ToC and KPIs; and oversee M&E plans are included in the proposals and reflected in program budget
- Design, undertake and oversee impact evaluations and in-house research projects for program scoping, planning and evaluation purpose
- Build capability of program staff for developing, monitoring and reporting against M&E plan for accountability and learning purpose
Communication & Course-correction
- Summarize and present program results and evaluation findings to internal and external partners
- Safeguard the quality of programs by continuously monitoring program results and feeding findings back to implementation; facilitate program reflection and development of course-correction
- Cultivate M&E cultures and contribute to organizational improvement strategies
- Develop and continuously improve the measurement and reporting systems of IDH
- Support corporate reporting such as annual plan and annual report when needed
Who you are
IDH is looking for a very well organized and fast-working team player. A fast learner who can bring M&E experience into program management and has a practical approach using M&E to strengthen action and maximize impact. A positive and engaged person who can help the organization keep on track toward our ambitions. Vital to have attention to detail while remaining focused and continue having a bird-eye view.
- A Master’s degree or similar in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years working experience in M&E or impact evaluation
- Excellent communication skills: be able to persuade stakeholders for better M&E practice and communicate to broader audience about program results and evaluation findings
- Experience in conducting and commissioning independent evaluations
- Affinity with sustainability, landscapes or international trade and development is an advantage but not an exclusion criterion.
- Proven data analysis and management skills
- Able to work independently and show initiative to influence changes
- Fluent in English (oral and written), the operating language of IDH
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours a week and initially for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. We offer a gross monthly salary between EUR 3000-3500 (based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/137435/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 22nd of July 2019.
Is this not your dream job? Sharing this vacancy with your network is highly appreciated.
The position will be based in Utrecht and is open to applicants of all nationalities, however, candidates should have permission to work in the Netherlands.
IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish, Norwegian) and we work together with over 500 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors and 15 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 170 staff members and consultants at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands and several overseas offices and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.