IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative aims for a world without poverty, in which nature is protected and gender equality is the norm. We believe sustainable trade is the key to reach those goals. By helping companies and governments to work together better, and by investing in new business models for sustainable production of tropical products like coffee, tea, cocoa, fruits and cotton, we create positive change. By driving sustainability from niche to norm we reached to date over 5 million farmers, improving their incomes and introducing environmental friendly agricultural practices. Our programs now protect over 8 million ha of tropical forests worldwide.
We are supported by the governments of The Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, the UK, USA and Norway and multiple private donors. We have a network of over 500 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, farmer organizations and governments in 11 sectors and 15 landscapes in over 40 countries.
IDH is an international team of 170 staff members and associates with various professional as well as cultural backgrounds, creating a vibrant and energetic working environment, open for new insights and different opinions. At the HQ in Utrecht work about 85 people. As a fast-growing organization, we encourage people to grow and learn and we create ample opportunity for your professional development. As this will enable you and us to contribute to even more positive global change.
Want to join an ambitious, mission driven organization and drive sustainable trade from niche to norm? Want to create positive and large-scale impact on the Sustainable Development Goals? Here is your chance to join our staff at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Due to the growth of the organization, IDH is recruiting a Program Accountant (32-40 hours).
IDH co-invests together with multiple companies and governments in projects that improve sustainable production of (e.g.) coffee, tea, cocoa in producing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Flawless program accountancy and a rigid financial administration is the backbone of our work. As a program accountant you will be responsible for providing (financial) information to program teams on the basis of exact administration, accounting and reporting, while ensuring internal controls are executed. You will be part of a multicultural, strong and stable team of professionals. We hope you are a bright and organized team player that can execute assignments quickly, is structured, flexible and accurate. It is easy for you to keep an overview and prioritize when required. You have a background in financial accounting and learn fast. You have 1 to 3 work experience in a similar position.
Overall financial responsibility for designated program areas:
- Make sure incoming invoices, funding contracts and letters of assignment, related to the programs for which you are responsible, are booked correct and timely in ProActive and Exact.
- Regularly updates the administration and the program dashboards regarding forecasts, including pipeline and leads.
- Ensures correct financial accounting of the programs, prepares monthly closing and reconciliations (Exact and Program Dashboard) and provides (data required for the management) reporting.
- Assess financial reports and audit statements received from partner organizations and will follow up on the findings of such.
- Responsible for a well-structured documentation of the financial program administration as input for the (annual) audit files.
- Make sure outgoing invoices towards (private) partners, related to their contribution to the programs, are send in time.
- Provide good Accounts Receivable management, to make sure invoices towards (private) partners, related to their contribution to the programs, do get paid in time.
- Working and thinking at least at Bachelorlevel with a qualification in financial accounting.
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in a similar organization.
- Experience with MS Excel and Exact Globe (desirable).
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
Only candidates that meet above criteria will be considered for this position
- Analytical with an eye for detail
- Organized and accurate
- Planning, organizing and coordination skills
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and independent
- Practical, results oriented, hands-on mentality
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Organizational awareness and commitment
- Fast learner
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. The position is for 32-40 hours per week. We offer a competitive monthly salary that conforms with the sector and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For questions about this position, please contact Wim Hartog, at +31(0)611417895 or Hartog@idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send an application (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) to Annemarie Woudstra, HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the function title in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 9 December 2018. Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement