To strengthen its international partnership work IDH is recruiting a Program Officer International Partnerships and Public Affairs, who will be part of the International Partnership and Fundraising (IPF) Team and be referring directly to the Head of IPF.
IDH is looking for a fast learning, creative team player with a strong interest and competences in relationship and business development. Who finds networking rewarding, who is good at establishing and servicing partnerships, understands how to go from network into new business opportunities and has analytical and political sensitivity to see ways for business developments with multiple partners. The job encompasses coordinating, networking, administrative and editorial components as well as business development and creative processes to mature ideas and propositions. IDH is looking for an organized but also creative team player. You are structured and flexible, can deliver and be part of structured processes but are also able to think ‘out-of-the-box” and to mature ideas and describe them clearly both verbally and in writing. It is easy for you to keep an overview and prioritize when required. You are resilient, can manage diverse asks and demands and are able to bounce back.
You feel at home in networks of governments, institutional donors and private sector. You understand that all partnerships have to be nurtured, looked after and developed to stay productive.
The International Partnership and Fundraising team is working with and servicing the institutional donors of IDH, ensuring alignment, regular reporting, providing briefings to donors on IDH programs, presenting IDH programs in the context of their policies, ensure good coordination of the donor relationships in the IDH organization (domestic and abroad), manage and implement donor requirements in internal operational processes, etc. The team works on maintaining and expanding the IDH network of donors and related stakeholders, incl. supporting colleagues doing similar work, maintain overview and extend the network of relevant stakeholders, etc. Additionally, the team works on fundraising with select countries, organizations, foundations and other donors along with organizational development on fundraising. A major part of this work includes business development and developing and maintaining accurate, strategic messages to targeted international stakeholders about the progress and opportunities presented by the IDH commodity programs.
The Program Officer International Partnerships and Public Affairs will as member of the IPF Team be part of this work with a focus on the next phase program strategy and donor relations, in particular:
- Being part of developing, writing and pitching the next IDH multi-annual program
- Facilitate dialogue, negotiations, contracting and due diligence with donors for the next IDH multiannual program
- Build and maintain the set-up for and lead the servicing of the relationships with donors regarding the next IDH multiannual program
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience from similar work in international organisation, government or private company
- Working and thinking at Master degree level
- A good communicator in the English language at every level, in writing and verbally
- Strong analytical capacity
- Structured, systematic and well-organized
- Fast-learning and able to work independently
- Flexibility and a team player
- Creativity and imagination, able to play with ideas to make them grow and mature
- Strong relationship building and management, influencing and networking skills
- Understanding of donor government realities
- Fluent in English and preferably a second language
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours a week. We offer a gross monthly salary between 2500 and 2700 euro (based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For questions about this position, please contact Lisbeth Jespersen, Head of the IPF Team at 06 15866272 or Jespersen@idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send an application (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by January 23, 2019 to Annemarie Woudstra, email@example.com mentioning “HQ-Program Officer IPF” in the subject line. Candidates should have permission to work in the Netherlands.