Are you a star in creating order in complex situations? Do you love developing processes and structure? And would you like to apply these skills in an international organization that is committed to positive impact on the lives of farmers and on the environment through sustainable supply chains? We are looking for a Program Officer Operations to strengthen the Business Unit Landscapes.
The Program Officer Operations will support program management and operations in the Business Unit (BU) Landscapes (around 80 FTE worldwide in Latin America, the Netherlands, Africa and Asia) and will report to the Head of Operations of the BU. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting country teams with program and project planning, monitoring and reporting and contract management.
- Designing and implementing improvements in program operations, e.g. introduction of new (digital) tools and methods for program and project management.
- Functioning as the contact point for country teams on operational questions, liaising with different business support departments where needed (IT, M&E, Legal, Finance, HR).
- Monitoring donor compliance of grant-funded projects and programs.
- Supporting budgeting and budget monitoring.
- Supporting the analysis and visualization of management information for the BU management.
Who you are
You have a few years of work experience in a program or project support role, e.g. as Project or Program Management Officer in a big (multinational) company or NGO. You are familiar with a considerable level of complexity in projects or programs and are not deterred by ambiguity. You love to organize, structure and design processes with the aim of facilitating global teams in achieving results. You are digitally savvy and you have experience in working in international teams with people with different cultural backgrounds.
What you bring
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Working and thinking at Bachelor’s degree in for example international business administration or public administration.
- Strong inter personal skills and the ability to communicate diplomatically in cross-cultural situations.
- Experience with use of project management and management information software or apps, e.g. Salesforce, Tableau, Monday.com, Smartsheet, or similar tools. Experience with applying program or project management methods (e.g. Agile, IPMA, PMP, MSP) is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, speaking additional languages (e.g. Dutch, French, Portuguese, Bahasa Indonesia, Spanish) is an advantage.
- Experience developing documents and presentations for external distribution.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and financial forecasting in excel
- Knowledge, obtained through work of study, of agricultural supply chains and/or global environmental challenges is an advantage.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours per week. We offer a gross monthly salary between €2700 and € 3300 (based on a 40-hour week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
Please feel free to contact Claudia Schlangen, Head of Operations BU Landscapes, by e-mail at email@example.com with any question about this position.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/150896/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by January 24th, 2020.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com.