Are you always looking for the crux of the matter, turning assumptions inside-out? And are you motivated to apply your critical analysis skills to (re)design strategy to improve impact on the environment and the lives of rural communities worldwide? We are looking for a Senior Manager Business Development & Innovation to strengthen the Business Unit Landscapes of IDH.
The Senior Manager Business Development & Innovation drives learning and innovation in the Business Unit (BU) Landscapes (around 80 FTE worldwide in Latin America, the Netherlands, Africa and Asia), by working closely together with colleagues across the world. Moreover, you will contribute to building the thought-leadership and practice in the Landscapes program, both internally and externally. You help set-up and drive our internal advisory services on sustainable landscapes by co-developing new programs for (new and existing) landscapes. You work closely together with the colleagues of the Landscapes and the Learning & Innovation Business Unit, and you report to the Global Director Landscapes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Together with the input from IDH’s Learning & Innovation team, analyze the success factors (and failures) of existing interventions. These insights are used by you to drive the design of new interventions and to reflect with program colleagues on whether existing interventions need to be changed / adjusted based on the insights;
- Provide input to different internal projects on data collection, architecture and management; in order to be able to use the data for analysis and learning;
- Further developing and steering a Landscape-team wide peer-to-peer network that helps deliver and improve upon our key products and services;
- Take the lead, with the Global Director Landscapes, in designing and kick-starting programs for new countries, landscapes and markets. This work is turning new ideas and concepts into tangible programs, some of which will initially be spear-headed by you till the program team is in place;
- Together with the Global Director Landscapes and the team, you are a driving force behind the future strategy and positioning of the Landscape program beyond 2020.
Who you are
You are an organized, service-oriented, team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability and climate change. You find partnership building a necessary and fascinating art. You are both practical and analytical, work well in a team, flexible but also driven and able to work independently and in response to needs of the organisation. You work in a results-oriented, flexible and hands-on manner.
What you bring
- A Master’s degree in (Agricultural) Economics, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, (Agricultural) Finance, Development Economics or other relevant discipline;
- 15+ years working experience in the areas of sustainable agriculture or forestry, environmental resource management, climate change mitigation;
- High levels of entrepreneurial and professional skills, capability and tenacity to drive continued multi-stakeholder engagement to align and achieve different interests from business, community and government;
- Experience in project management, financial administration, donor relations;
- Experience in managing (sector and/or sustainability) coalitions and with international development is an advantage;
- Experience in leadership and project team management;
- Experience with stakeholder management in an international and culturally diverse environment;
- Strong network in the world of climate change/supply chain sustainability/public governance;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage but not required;
- Willingness to travel internationally, approximately 30% of your time.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 22 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 32-40 hours per week, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme. The position based in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/153331/apply
Please feel free to contact Iris van Oort, HR Business Partner, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with question about this position.
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by February 28th, 2020.