IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish, Norwegian) and we work together with over 500 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors and 15 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 200 staff members and consultants at the HQ in Utrecht, the Netherlands and several overseas offices and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.
To support our program teams and our Senior Manager on Monitoring & Evaluation, IDH is recruiting a:
Senior Program Advisor Measurement and Impact
Based in Utrecht, the Netherlands
As Program Advisor Measurement & Impact (M&I) you are part of the Learning and Innovation team. You work together with IDH program teams in an advisory and capacity building role and you are working closely with the Executive Board and Operations Team. You report directly to the Senior Manager on Monitoring & Evaluation.
The M&I Advisor works with the Senior M&E Manager to perform independent tasks and projects in the following areas:
- Strengthen IDH performance measurement strategy together with the Senior M&E Manager, to ensure efficient and impactful data-driven strategies;
- Coordinate the delivery of IDH Impact Evaluations at corporate level;
- Coordinate and lead the Impact Committee of IDH, one of IDH mechanisms to steer impact;
- Lead and/or support program teams to deliver research, such as impact evaluations, to gather insights on the performance of IDH in each of the three result areas (improved sector governance, changing business practices and field level sustainability);
- Support program teams on thinking through their overall intervention logic, defining appropriate & quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, and presenting them in appealing external reporting.
Insights & Communication
- Support the Executive Board, program teams and the fundraising team with data-driven evidence and analytics;
- Compel and translate the outcomes of the evidence gathered (from for instance Result Measurement Framework data and Evaluations) into high-quality reporting to provide aggregated insights on the performance of the organization to drive learning internally and externally;
- Innovate with external partners on new ways of capturing and reporting evidence;
- Organize webinars or establish other learning platforms for training IDH staff, and if needed our partners, on performance measurement analyses;
- Maintain and develop knowledge on performance management and business intelligence by analysing trends and external developments and by challenging current practice;
- Develop relevant knowledge networks, manage relationships and exchange knowledge and experience with relevant organizations, experts, consultants, academia and thoughts leaders. Stimulate knowledge sharing of performance measurement analyses also within IDH.
IDH is looking for a smart and organized team player. A fast learner who brings experience and a practical approach to research, data-driven strategies and business intelligence. A positive and engaged person who can help the organization keep on track towards our ambitions. Vital to have attention to detail while remaining focussed and continue having a bird-eye view.
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level or higher;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Monitoring & Evaluation and/or Impact research;
- Content experience on at least two of IDH’s five impact themes (smallholder inclusion, mitigation of deforestation, living wage and working conditions, responsible agrochemical management, and gender equality and empowerment);
- Experience in qualitative research and performance management of blended finance projects are a big plus;
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and translate data into insights;
- Good process manager and proven project management skills;
- Sound and creative communicator, able to present data-driven insights in a compelling manner to our corporate partners and investors;
- Fluent in English and preferably a second language.
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is for 40 hours a week and initially for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension. We offer a gross monthly salary between EUR 4.000 – 4.500 based on 40 hours per week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Annemieke Burmeister at Burmeister@idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/123685/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 24 February 2019. Candidates are based in the Netherlands or should have permission to work in the Netherlands.