Maternity cover (7 months)
Are you an organized, engaging, self-motivated, team player with a strong interest in supply chain sustainability and innovation? Do you get energy from co-designing and implementing cost-effective approaches to create innovative and inclusive business models? And are you looking for a job that gives you the chance to be creative, strategic and work with professionals on sustainable trade in a multi-stakeholder setting with both private and public sector industry players? Then apply to our Senior Program Manager position in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
As Senior Program Manager, you are responsible for leading the overall IDH Global Tea Program, and further strengthening and developing new partnerships and program development towards 2021. You will be overall responsible for the management of the implementation of the program and its underlying projects. The position reports to the Global Director Agri-Commodities – Cocoa / Tea / Coffee. The SPM Tea works with the global tea team, and has the following key responsibilities:
- Program implementation: Oversee the projects implemented under the tea program, and ensure they are on track for delivery by end 2020 to demonstrate impact.
- Global convening: Engage with private sector and other stakeholders to maintain strategic relationships and engagement to participate and co-invest in our program.
- Business/partnership development: Maintain commitment for program implementation and build new program development and partnership beyond 2020.
- Internal coordination: Communicate and align where needed on overall progress, milestones, finances, stakeholder engagement and other key information among internal stakeholders in the tea program. Liaising with legal, finance & M&E departments and Agri-Commodities business unit.
- Team management: Provide overall team management & coordination to the tea team (+10 team members and lead monthly tea team calls.
Specific deliverables will be agreed with the current SPM and Global Director Agri-Commodities at the start of this role.
Who you are
IDH is looking for an organized, service-oriented, self-motivated, team player with leadership skills and a strong interest in supply chain sustainability. You are both analytical and practical, able to work independently and on different projects within the tea program from beginning to end. Working in a results-oriented, flexible and hands-on manner, you execute given projects quickly and thoroughly, maintaining a good overview on delegated tasks. You are analytical, data driven and result oriented and therefore can show and share the impact of the IDH work. You have experience in organizing multi-stakeholder coalitions based on your networking skills and ability to share your expertise and excel in your verbal and written communication skills. As you have experience in supply chain sustainability preferably within agricultural commodity sectors, you can interact with (international) stakeholders in private, public sector as well as civil society. You are energetic and a fast learner, all with a good sense of humour.
What you bring
- Working and thinking at Master degree level
- Minimum of 7 years working experience supply chain sustainability, preferably within the tea sector and/or agricultural commodities
- Proven ability in business development and program design- experience in selling concepts/solutions
- Experience in managing (sector and/or sustainability) coalitions and with international development is an advantage;
- Experience in project management, financial administration, donor relations, leadership and team management
- Knowledge on sustainability and international trade and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our institutional donors: BUZA, SECO and DANIDA. IDH is a company that works together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 12 sectors and 12 landscapes in over 40 countries worldwide.
The IDH tea program is currently in the final implementation year of the its 2016-2020 strategy and establishing new partnerships for the upcoming strategic period 2021-2025. The tea team is operating globally, with a focus on the following countries: United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Malawi, Vietnam and India. Total team of +10 members.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. This is a temporary position for 32-40 hours per week intended to provide coverage during maternity leave for a period of 7 months, starting on 1st of August 2020. We offer a gross monthly salary between €3000,- and €4500,- (based on a 40-hour week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
Please feel free to contact Judith Fraats (email@example.com) with any content related questions about this position.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/159536/apply . We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by the 1st of June 2020.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands. For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.