IDH is implementing an industrial cassava program in Sub-Saharan Africa with the aim of transforming cassava from a solely food crop to an industrial crop. The program involves working with cassava processors to integrate small holder farmers into their chains and build a robust model for the sustainable supply of roots to the processors and enhanced livelihood for the farmers.
To support the Industrial Cassava Program in Nigeria, IDH is recruiting a:
Program Officer Cassava
this role is based in Lagos, Nigeria
The Program officer will be a member of the IDH team in Nigeria and particularly support the implementation of the cassava program. You will assist in convening stakeholders to develop and translate strategic plans and decisions into action and ensure that the program runs smoothly. You will demonstrate a good appetite to learn and show extra-ordinary dedication to performance results. You must be confident working in an environment of diverse stakeholders and exhibit a high sense of team spirit, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the design, development and implementation of the program in collaboration with public and private partners
- Support the strengthening of cassava and other IDH program platforms in Nigeria
- Assist in the scoping and convening of the ground for a sustainable oil palm program, recognizing production, forest protection and thriving livelihood for the community
- Contribute to the development of project pipelines and maintaining contacts with existing Implementing Partners for the successful execution of projects
- Monitoring and Evaluation of the projects
- Contribute to development and implementation of other commodity programs of IDH in Nigeria
- A Degree in Agriculture or business related fields. A higher degree will be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in commodity programs or civil society organization in Nigeria
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of IT skills in Microsoft business packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience or high ability to work in a complex, matrixed environment – requiring cultural awareness, and a collaborative nature that knows the benefits of seeking consensus.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in remote locations and interact with local communities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, approachable and easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Ability to work with flexibility, entrepreneurship, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort. A proven ability to effectively manage and adapt within a changing environment.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
IDH offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
This is a full-time position. The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, which can be renewed based on performance.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Mr. Cyril Ugwu (Regional Coordinator West Africa) at email@example.com
How to apply
Interested candidate with the requisite qualifications, attributes and experience are invited to send an application resume in English to Iris van Oort, HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Program Officer Cassava, Nigeria” in the subject line, on or before January 18, 2019.
Candidates are based in Nigeria or should be eligible to obtain permission to work in Nigeria.