Are you passionate about driving sustainability in the private sector, and do you have a business mindset? Do you want to work with forward–thinking companies, developing inclusive and sustainable sourcing strategies in different parts of Nigeria? Are you an organized and budding professional who is solutions oriented and results-driven? We are looking for a Program Officer to support the Value Chain Development (VCD) program in Nigeria.
The Program Officer will be a member of the IDH team in Nigeria. As Program Officer, you will support and facilitate the value chain development program in Nigeria. You will play a role in the convening of stakeholders around the sustainability initiatives of IDH in Nigeria. You will also support the development and implementation of the projects, in close collaboration with partners and the local team. The position is a full-time position for a period of one year but with the possibility of extension depending on performance. In this position you will have the following key responsibilities, among others:
In this position you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Support the convening of the public and private sectors around IDH Value Chain Development (VCD) program activities in Nigeria
- Participate in the conduct of market assessments of selected value chains in the country to determine opportunities for IDH VCD program in Nigeria
- Support the design, development and implementation of inclusive VCD program activities;
- Support the program in data collection, program administration and report writing
- Support the Co-design and develop with partners, efficient monitoring mechanism to capture and measure impacts;
- As an independent worker you are able to prepare annual work plans, progress reports, organise and facilitate stakeholder meetings and strategically and practically support companies (SMEs) and farmers.
Specific deliverables will be agreed with the IDH Nigeria Country Director at the start of this role.
Who you are
You are a self-starter with business orientation and agricultural value chain experience. You are analytical and practical, able to work independently without supervision. You are able to execute given tasks and projects quickly, thoroughly and diligently. You are passionate about your work and what IDH stands for.. You are honest, transparent, energetic and a fast learner that demonstrates highest level of integrity. All these with a good sense of humour and a positive output.
What you bring
- Working and thinking on master’s degree level, ideally with a degree in agriculture or business-related fields.
- 3- 5 years relevant hands-on program support experience in an international environment.
- Sound knowledge and proven experience with sustainability and supply chain issues.
- Experience with stakeholder management and liaising (e.g. government, private companies, community organizations).
- Experience working with the private sector, preferably in food supply chains.
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft business packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
Who we are
IDH brings companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships together to realize Better Jobs, Better Income and Better Environment at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions and gender. In this we are supported by multiple European governments, including our core donors: BUZA (Dutch Foreign Affairs), SECO (Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs) and DANIDA (Danish Development Cooperation), large private sector foundations and other program funders. IDH is a not-for-profit organization that works together with over 500 companies, 200 public sector actors and over 300 CSOs, financial institutions and producer organizations in 12 sectors and 17 landscapes in almost 40 countries worldwide.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhsustainabletrade.com
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is full time, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer market competitive compensation. The position is based in Nigeria, candidates should have permission to work in Nigeria.
Please feel free to contact IDH Nigeria Country Director Mr. Cyril Ugwu (Ugwu@idhtrade.org ) with any content related questions about this position.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation and resume in English by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/215421/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by January 31, 2022.