Do you have a background in accounting and administration and are you able to master new skills quickly? Would you like to work in a diverse team of 10 financial professionals in the centre of Utrecht? And do you get energy from solving our accountancy puzzle’s? Then apply for our Program Accountant position and join our team.
As a Program Accountant you are responsible for providing (financial) information to program teams on the basis of Exact administration, accounting and reporting, while ensuring internal controls are executed. You will be part of a multicultural, strong and stable team of professionals. Within this role, your overall financial responsibility for designated program areas are:
- Making sure incoming invoices, funding contracts and letters of assignment, related to the
programs for which you are responsible, are booked correct and timely in SpendCloud and Exact;
- Regularly updating the administration and the program dashboards regarding contributions, forecasts, pipeline and leads;
Ensuring correct financial accounting of the programs, preparing monthly closing and
reconciliations (Exact and Program Dashboard) and providing (data required for the management) reporting;
- Assessing financial reports and audit statements received from partner organizations and following up on the findings of such;
Responsible for a well-structured documentation of the financial program administration as
input for the (annual) audit files;
- Providing good Accounts Receivable management, to make sure invoices towards (private)
partners, related to their contribution to the programs, are sent and paid on time.
Who you are
IDH is looking for a bright, motivated and organized team player that can execute assignments quickly, is structured, flexible and accurate. It is easy for you to keep an overview and prioritize when required. You have a background in financial accounting and learn fast. You have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience in a similar position.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree with a qualification in financial accounting;
- 2-3 years of work experience in a similar role, preferably in a similar organization.
- Experience with MS Excel (must) and Exact Globe (desirable);
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch;
- Analytical with an eye for detail;
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and independent;
- Practical, results oriented, hands-on mentality.
What we offer
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. The position is for 32-40 hours per week. We offer a gross monthly salary between €2400 and €2900 (based on a 40-hour week) and solid fringe benefits, including a good pension scheme.
For questions about this position, please contact Nargis Haque at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply (motivation letter and 2-page resume in English) by using the following hyperlink: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/178983/apply
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 28 February 2021. Candidates should be based in the Netherlands or should have the permission to work in the Netherlands.