Do you have a background in financial controlling and are you able to master new skills quickly? Do you think in terms of improvements and are you driven by results? Are you a team player? Then apply for our Program Controller position and join our team.
As Program Controller you work as a team with other Program Controller(s) and Program Accountant(s). You will report to the Senior Program Controller for the overall financial responsibility for designated program area in the Business Unit and donor funding. You check the budgets and contracts for the new projects with our Implementation Partners, you assess their financial reports, revised budgets and audit statements and follow up on the findings of these reports.
You work closely with the Program teams and advise them on program management with your financial skills. You document and file all data and reports to enable a high-quality audit trail.
- Manage and have the overall financial responsibility for designated program area and donor funding, including reporting to donors and preparing of donors’ audit.
- Manage the program’s administration and help prepare donor financial reports.
- Ensure alignment with the IDH operational procedures, including partner assessments.
- Check the budgets and contracts for the new projects with our Implementation Partners.
- Assess partners financial reports, revised budgets and audit statements and follow up on the findings of these reports.
- Ensure a correct and complete financial administration and audit files of the programs.
- Provide advice to the Program Teams with the financial components of tender documents, calls for proposals and contracts.
- Support in preparation of budgets for fundraising proposals and review fundraising contracts + reporting requirements from donors.
- Support in ensuring accurate coding of the incoming payment requests in Spend Cloud.
- Ensure that all monthly financial checks are timely carried out.
Who you are
- You enjoy collaboration and teamwork, but you are also able to work independently.
- You are proactive, highly analytical with an attention to detail.
- You can organize your work efficiently and work in a fast-paced environment.
- You perform well under pressure and have a positive attitude.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
What you bring
You have bachelor’s degree in finance. You have worked for 3-5 years in a financial role, preferably within an NGO. Financial accounting doesn’t have secrets for you. You are experienced with finance systems and have some knowledge of Exact Globe (desired). Excel does not have any secrets for you.
What we offer
- A gross monthly salary ranging between EUR 3,683 – 4,604 (based on a 40-hour work week), depending on your experience
- a fulltime (40 hours) 1 year contract initially, with the intention to extend (as this is a permanent position).
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Vacation: 26 days of paid vacation leave per year (100% FTE). Additionally, IDH offers the flexibility to buy or sell up to 6 days of vacation annually, allowing you to tailor your time off to your personal needs.
- Health Insurance Support: IDH contributes €66.14 net per month towards your health insurance premium, helping you maintain optimal health coverage.
- Robust Pension Scheme: A comprehensive pension scheme with considerable contribution by the employer and 3.5% contribution by the employee, ensuring financial stability during your retirement.
- Commuting support: Provide NS Business Card or full reimbursement of commuting costs. Choose between receiving €0.21 per kilometre or opting for second-class public transport, making your journey to work hassle-free.
- Flexible Working Hours and Hybrid Work Model: Allows you to balance your professional and personal life effectively.
- Supportive Work Environment: IDH provides all the necessary work supplies depends on the role (laptop, phone, etc.) to ensure you have everything you need to excel in your role.
- Work-from-Home Allowance: Receive a monthly work-from-home allowance of €16.53 net, acknowledging the changing work landscape and supporting your remote work setup.
- Health and Wellness: Prioritize your physical well-being with a sports club/health club allowance of €38.58 gross per month, enabling you to invest in your fitness and overall health.
- Nutritious Work Environment: Enjoy a range of perks at the Utrecht office, including fresh fruits, organic coffee and tea, fresh mint, and ginger tea, promoting a nourishing and supporting work atmosphere.
Please note that these benefits are relevant for our HQ in Utrecht, NL. If you are based at one our other locations, we offer a local package of compensation and benefits. Your work is preferred to be based in Utrecht, other countries with IDH office can be possible.
Would you like to apply? Please follow this link and submit your application: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/287554/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before September 20, 2023. In the event that the right applicant is found, the application link may be closed earlier.
For more questions about the role and organization, please contact Phat Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. For this IDH focusses on markets sourcing from developing countries. To catalyze change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 400 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.