We are excited to be searching for a proactive and pragmatic Program Field Officer with an interest in supply chain and landscape sustainability to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
To strengthen its partners and to coordinate and monitoring the implementation of its project/programs in the Central Highlands region in Vietnam, IDH is looking for one (01) field program officer who is able to assist in implementing its field level projects in Dak Lak province. In addition, the candidate will support for the development of new projects of the Landscape and Coffee Programs for the period 2021-2025 and beyond. The role entails intensive engagement with the Program stakeholders, including agribusiness and local government. The program field officer reports to and receives technical guidance from the Dak Lak Program Coordinator and the Program Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Projects coordination: Coordinate the development and implementation of the ISLA/coffee projects in Dak Lak and adjacent provinces (limited), supported by the global and local team. Manage a yearly workplan and budget, identify and contract implementing partners.
- Stakeholder management: Create awareness and drive the adoption of more sustainable/landscape practices in the particular industry and institutionalization of sector wide cooperation by convening key stakeholders (international and local); get strong buy in, trust and investment from public and private partners in different value chain, national and local governments and etc.
- Monitoring & evaluation: Carry out the monitoring and evaluation of project activities and finance in conjunction with the implementing partners and private sector players, as well as monitoring of implementers, organizations or any third party needed to deliver project objectives, best via the deployment of online reporting tool and M&E framework of VSAs and its targets.
- Communication: contribute to develop communication and other materials (e.g. proposals). Keeping relevant stakeholders informed on plans and progress.
- Learning: Bring best practices to the project from previous experience; facilitate the dissemination of knowledge in Central Highlands and Vietnam; identify and document the lessons learned based on local reality on the ground.
Who you are
You are an experienced project officer/coordinator in the area of sustainable agriculture management and/or in natural resources management. You combine technical knowledge with facilitation and negotiation skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. You have a solid understanding of the (environmental) sustainability issues in agricultural supply chains, especially on coffee in the Central Highlands region.
Program Field officer is based in Dak Lak, will work in full-time manner under the personnel management of the Program Director and direct daily supervision of the Dak Lak Program Coordinator.
What you bring
- Connection to key international and Vietnam stakeholders and experience in building innovative alliances between them.
- Passion for, knowledge of and experience in the field of sustainability
- Experience with coffee sector improvement programs in Vietnam
- At least bachelor degree in trade, economics, agriculture or relevant
- Knowledge of agronomy (preferably on coffee)
- Spoken and written communication skills in Vietnamese (native) and English (fluent);
- Willingness to travel extensively within Dak Lak and to other areas in the Central Highlands, approximately 30-40% of your time.
- Focus on local private sectors’ needs – Focus on local public sectors’ – Reflect the private sectors and public sectors’ needs through out communication
We offer you.
A challenging, pivotal role within an impacting, international organization – and:
- 40 hours work week;
- all the work supplies you need to excellence in your role;
- an open environment where you can grow and develop yourself;
- 26 annual leave, travel cost allowance, etc.;
- The position is full time, initially for one year, with the intention to extend. We offer a competitive salary and solid fringe benefits.
- Compensation will depend on an agreed work plan. The duration of the contract is for 1 year, with the opportunity to extend the contract afterwards.
For questions about this position, please contact Le Thi Huong Lan our HR Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to the link: https://idhtrade.inhroffice.com/en/job/274967/apply
We encourage applicants to respond before May 15th, 2023.
Please note that candidates should be Vietnam nationals or have permission to work in Vietnam.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.
Who we are.
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations, the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark,and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to http://www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.