Do you want to be part of the discussion and get to work towards sustainable trade with various stakeholders, such as companies, producers, governments, investors, and other partners? Do you think in terms of opportunities and plans, and are you driven by results? We are looking for a Program Manager who can operate at the highest level, to help us grow our reach and positively impact.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
This program is focused on establishing and propagating feasible business cases for scaled adoption and sourcing of recycled cotton and polyester in the manufacturing mix of textiles and apparels by leading brands, so as to reduce the dependence on virgin material sourced from farms and to reduce the GHG emissions associated with textile production and waste disposal. The overall impact of this program on it’s key stakeholders is highlighted below:-
- Brands :- The program will help Brands meet their recycling targets for procurement of recycled polyester and cotton by providing sufficient volumes of quality waste feedstock and by onboarding the required number of manufacturers to adopt feasible technologies and solutions identified by the program for sorting and recycling.
- Waste Handlers/ Recyclers: – This program will enable capability building of the waste recyclers and help map them to manufacturers for establishing a long term and sustainable trade value chain.
- Government/ Policy Makers:- The impact on environment through reduced waste dumping in landfills or reduced incineration will lead to lesser GHG emissions and would be a great case study for the MOEFCC to showcase for other material manufacturers, Brands and recyclers to adopt. It would enable the Government to meet their textile recycling ambition as well, as set out by the Su.Re platform and would create a pre-competitive precedence from Brands to guide future policy decisions in this space.
Thus, this program aims to bring about a pan-India impact on material sourcing and recycling by inculcating systems change in the practices of Brands, Manufacturers, Waste Handlers as well as the respective Government Bodies to influence policy changes to accelerate and scale the program’s adoption and impact.
As a Program Manager(PM) within the Textiles & Manufacturing Business Unit of IDH, you would support the development and implementation of projects and programs of the T&M BU in India related to sustainable manufacturing practices with a focus on Alternate materials.
The Program Manager will work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders, including government (relevant ministries), private sector (brands, factories, industry associations), civil society, and technical experts. The responsibilities of the Officer relate to two main areas:
(a) initiating and coordinating the sustainable industry initiative on material waste reduction and recycling for textiles,
(b) supporting the IDH global teams on initiatives and projects related to textiles and manufacturing with a special focus on Alternate Materials and Responsible Sourcing.
The Program Manager, based in Gurgaon, will report to the Country Director -India.
- As Program Manager, you will initiate the Textiles & Manufacturing Business Unit in managing and structuring a platform focused on textile waste reduction, EPR and circularity, including the convening and coordinating of stakeholder engagement, driving pilot initiatives and scaling up manufacturing operations of partners, finding innovative financing solutions alongside Brands, supply chain companies and financial institutions.
- Accountability: Take accountability for the development of the platform and program, including fundraising Responsibilities will include creating concept notes, managing timely project reporting and updates, overseeing implementation of targets, conducting site visits, conducting monitoring & evaluation activities, as well as gathering, collating and conducting analysis of required information.
- Management of Implementation Partners: Responsible for working with the program partners to ensure the effective implementation of the work on the ground, and ensure achievement of deliverables according to IDH reporting guidelines and set KPIs.
- Stakeholder engagement: Engage on an ongoing basis with key stakeholders such as private sector partners, civil society, industry associations and other forums on the topic of EPR and sustainable manufacturing.
- Proposal, Meetings, events and workshops: Lead proposal development, writing of concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries as required to support the growth of the IDH programs and projects related to plastic waste reduction, circularity and sustainability at industrial parks. Responsible for logistics, reporting and review of meetings, events and workshops between IDH and partners. Support the planning, organization and coordination of the mentioned above meetings, events and workshops as required.
- Other Programs: The PM will coordinate with the Operations Manager – Alternate Materials in the BU (T&M) and will be guided and expected to take up certain roles within other related programs in India as well as a part of the growth trajectory.
- Contribute to India team and T&M BU on Strategic Plan, annual planning, reporting and monitoring and evaluation requirements in collaboration with the BU Operations Manager.
- Share responsibility for the support and implementation of the T&M BU plans in India.
- Identify and analyse market developments, business development-related knowledge, trends within the industry, and coordinate with the IDH Learning team.
- Responsibility for working on the maintenance and expansion of the IDH network and donor base, supporting colleagues doing similar work and contributing to the further strategic development of IDH in India as well as other countries prioritized by the IDH T&M BU.
Who you are
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able and willing to work independently. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, adapt easily to new cultures and are a strong group facilitator.
You are an energetic, resourceful, and hands-on character who operates effectively with minimum direction. You are pro-active and agile when it comes to changing priorities, taking appropriate initiative and able to assume final responsibility for service delivery.
More than anything else, you take pride in your work and are keen to deliver high quality outputs with a strong focus on clear, effective, and efficient processes. You have a head for numbers and can analyse data and use trends to inform future strategic priorities.
Previous experience working with EPR, (textiles/plastics) waste management solutions and sustainability is a plus. You must be a team player and have strong lateral management and persuasive skills with approximately than 7 – 10 years plus experience.
Ideally you come from a consulting, sustainability, investment, business development background and you have a relevant network in the private and/or public sector.
What you bring
- Graduate in engineering, environmental studies and/or management
- 10+ years of relevant work experience and at least 5 years in a people/team management position.
- Prior work experience and understanding of a manufacturing supply chain, waste management and EPR would be desirable
- Excellent project and program management skills including budgeting and reporting.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal in English, with an ability to summarize complex information in simple terms.
- Advanced critical thinking skills, with the ability to easily assess priorities and take quick action.
- Ability to manage programs with a diverse group of stakeholders with an inclusive attitude, defining common goals and implementing actions.
- Proven ability in business development and program design- experience in selling concepts/ solutions
What we offer
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. This is a full-time position.
The successful applicant will be offered a full-time employment position (6 months’ probationary period) with Initiative Development Hub LLP. This role is based in Gurgaon, India and all candidates must be willing to live and work in Delhi NCR.
IDH offers a dynamic international environment and an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. This is a full-time position with IDH India LLP.
This role is based at Gurgaon, India. We offer a competitive salary (depending on seniority and experience). If interested please share your resume and cover letter to email@example.com