Do you have a strong background in program management in sustainable trade, impact investment or private sector development? Are you passionate about climate-resilient and inclusive farmer livelihoods improvement programs? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy engaging many different partners behind a common vision? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We are excited to be searching for an enthusiastic and reliable Program Manager to join our team, and we hope it’s you!
IDH is looking for an experienced and driven Program Manager to manage the delivery of an ambitious €2.5 million program that aims at increasing the incomes of at least 100,000 cocoa producers before the end of 2025, by promoting access to funding to cocoa farmers and cooperatives to transform them into more profitable and resilient agricultural businesses. The program is part of the IDH Living Income Roadmap (see here for more information).
IDH convenes different stakeholder groups, such as governments, companies, farmers, international organizations, and local civil society organizations, around a common vision of environmental regeneration and enhanced community resilience and inclusion.
The position will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to work at the highest level with private sector and government senior representatives on driving the sustainability agenda in the cocoa sector.
Your Key Responsibilities would include
- Co-designing strategy, translating the strategic goals into operational plans, and taking full responsibility for program implementation, deliverables, monitoring, reporting and evaluation on outcomes on time, within budget and within scope.
- Engaging with various stakeholders to secure collaboration and the implementation of programs, through convening and facilitating partnerships with local governments, private sector, and civil society organizations.
- Technical lead in projects development, concept notes, investment committee notes, projects monitoring and reporting.
- People management (within IDH), bringing the right competencies from other teams within IDH to the projects and managing contracts with implementing partners, consultants…
Who you are
You are analytically strong, self-directed, able, and you enjoy working independently. You are a trustworthy and experienced sparring partner for internal colleagues and external stakeholders. In addition, you have excellent interpersonal skills, and adapt easily to change and new cultures. You can manage change and gain commitment easily as you are able to connect to different people with different backgrounds. Working in a results-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and hands-on manner, you know how to drive the process, and keep focus in your move to a successful planned outcome.
What you bring
- Working and thinking at Master degree level;
- 5-10 years’ work experience in Program Management;
- Experience in the financial sector, preferably a bank, a microfinance institution of an insurance company;
- Knowledge of (international trade and Agri-commodity supply chains, sustainability issues), a previous experience in the cocoa sector and/or on living income in Côte d’Ivoire would be highly valued;
- Experience with stakeholder management (international environment, external parties);
- Experience with the private sector, preferably in retail or supply chains would be appreciated;
- Experience in coordinating and working with international teams (remotely);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint. a good working knowledge of Salesforce would be a plus;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and French;
- Based in Côte d’Ivoire with valid working permit.
Above all, we expect your mindset to be all about hands-on attitude, practical and results oriented. We want you to become a pro-active sparring partner to stakeholders for overall topics – therefore, strong communication skills are really of an essence. We want you to be able to clearly exchange information via appropriate platforms to deliver reports/messages.
Are you the enthusiastic colleague we are looking for?
We offer you
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year consultancy contract with possibility for extension as a permanent position. This role is based in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
Who we are
IDH puts people, planet, and progress at the heart of trade by leveraging the power of markets to create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all. To catalyse change at scale, IDH innovates, convenes, and invests in inclusive and sustainable solutions that enable businesses to create value for people and planet, while improving their own performance. To create the greatest impact in the shortest amount of time, IDH focuses on empowering people within corporations the global financial sector and governments that have the most influence over value chains.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, IDH has around 300 employees globally, operating in 20 landscapes and 12 commodities and sourcing regions with over 1000 public and private partners. In 13 years of operation, IDH has generated over 390 M in private sector investment and support for new business models that create better jobs, better incomes, a better environment, and gender equity for all.
IDH’s work is made possible thanks to the funding and trust of a variety of public and private donors, among which the Governments of Netherlands, Denmark, and other government donors and private foundations.
For more information, go to www.idhsustainabletrade.com or follow @IDHTrade on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Would you like to apply? Just send us your motivation letter and resume in English including your salary expectations by email at firstname.lastname@example.org before January 18th 2023, 11:59 PM GMT. Please Specify in the subject: IDH – Program Manager CDI.
Only applications received on this email and sent before January 18th 2023, 11:59 PM GMT will be considered.
We thank you for your interest. Only the candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Confidentiality assured.
At IDH sustainable trade initiative, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace every day.